Customer Services Jobs
Customer service is one of the largest sectors in the UK. There is a constant and high demand for people to fill customer service roles up and down the country. If you have the right mindset and personality this can be a very rewarding job which is easy to pick up and excel in quickly.
Similarly to working in a call centre, there isn’t always a specific route into customer service. Training is often provided on the job which can be a benefit to those with less qualifications or experience.
Job Ref: 6873
Job Type: PERM
Posted: 18th September, 2020More Info
Job Ref: 6874
Job Type: PART
Location: Trafford Park
Salary: £23,000 - £24,700 pro rata
Posted: 17th September, 2020More Info
Job Ref: 6704
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £28,000 + Bonus
Posted: 13th January, 2020More Info
Job Ref: 6731
Job Type: CONTRACT
Salary: £17,500 - £18,000
Posted: 4th December, 2019More Info
Job Ref: 6699
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £23,000 + Bonus
Posted: 21st June, 2019More Info
With thanks to the Alexander Hancock team’s experience, we specialise highly in recruitment for Customer Service job roles within Altrincham and the North West. As customer service is at the core of any recruitment company, we believe we recruit the best customer service people for our clients. We are committed to offering the best customer service ourselves so we are determined to find the best customer service candidates too, only recruiting people that we would want working for us. This way we can guarantee they will represent your company at the highest level at all times.
What type of customer service role can you get?
Customer Service roles that we recruit for include:
- Customer Service Executives
- Key Account Handlers
- Inbound and Outbound Sales Staff
- Sales Order Processors
- Customer Service Team Leaders/Managers
- Field Sales
- Marketing including e-commerce
The customer service sector employs over 300,000 people in the UK, providing the rest of it’s residents with the assistance and advice needed in order to buy or use and businesses’ products or services.
Skills required to enter customer service
The ideal customer service candidate will possess patience, the ability to learn quickly and strong verbal communication skills. Here are some other skills you might need to get a job in a customer service role
- Excellent communication with different types of people over the phone, email, and face to face
- The ability to work well in a team, as well as working alone and taking initiative
- Looking presentable
- Having a warm, friendly and patient personality
- Highly organised and having the ability to prioritise tasks well
- Being able to adapt to different situations quickly
Although it’s useful to go into the job with these skills under your belt, they are also things you have pick up if you focus and have a willingness to learn and become part of the team.
Benefits of working in customer service
It doesn’t matter if you are planning on going into customer service long term, or if you wish to take a role in customer service for a short time, there are several benefits to having the experience this type of career will allow you to develop.
- Transferrable skills – no matter what type of customer service job you have you will pick up a lot of skills along the way which will come in handly when search and applying for future jobs.
- Communication – you will naturally develop better and better communication skills from frequent exposure to the public and to different teams of people
- Team spirit – similarly to skills in communication, you will find it easier to work in teams, taking on projects, splitting tasks and even taking on leadership roles when necessary, if you have worked in this type of position before
- Promotion prospects and responsibility – if you work hard and put your mind to your job you can climb the ladder quickly and with promotion comes added regard for your ability to handle responsibility, which will become a useful skill to show in other careers
Call Alexander Hancock on 0161 929 6665 for more information about working in Customer service or apply for one of our available vacancies online.