Trainee Buyer Purchasing Assistant job in Trafford Park
Job Ref: 6226
Job Type: PERM
Location: Trafford Park
Salary: £12,500 - £13,000
Date Posted: 14th November, 2017
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain
This is a fantastic opportunity for an A level student, or similarly qualified, who wants to work within a textile purchasing environment but would rather have training within industry than go to University
Full training given in all areas of the role plus excellent career prospects and development offered within the role and you will be working for a first class company with an excellent reputation in the industry and one that has won many awards
Role and Responsibilities :
- To assist the Buyer in ensuring orders are placed for raw materials promptly and shipped on time.
- Ensuring Just In Time deliveries of raw materials and components to their factory to minimize stock holding and out of stocks.
- Raising of Purchase orders from their ERP system.
- Tracking shipments and keeping documents up to date.
- Ensuring critical paths for delivery dates are adhered to and chasing internally and externally to meet on time delivery.
- Liaising with suppliers and shipping agents where appropriate within the UK, Asia and Europe in conjunction with their Far Eastern and Eastern European manufacturing facilities
- Monitoring and progressing the ethical status of suppliers using internal and external systems and appraising suppliers with the balanced score card system.
- Providing data reports for management as required including monthly commodities updates.
- Visiting offsite warehousing/suppliers as appropriate.
- Assisting the buyer in maintaining price lists.
- Assisting and covering other members of the Operations team as appropriate.
Ideal Person Specification
- Educated to A-Level standard or similar
- Computer literate with Microsoft office applications
- Competent in the use of Excel spreadsheets, pivot table and SQL reporting
- Self-motivating and able to work on own initiative
- A good communicator
- Driving license