Trade Finance Analyst job in Northwich
Job Ref: 6492
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Date Posted: 21-09-2018
Category: Accounting/ Finance
Our client is seeking a Trade Finance Analyst to join their successful team. The successful candidate will have a CDCS qualification and proven experience in a Trade Finance Area
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- The job holder will act as a lead point of contact carrying out a wide range of Trade Finance Operations analysis related duties, including the handling of complex queries, providing general advice and guidance.
- The role will be required to manage complex Trade Finance processes and/or progression of products to sector specific markets
- Retention of quality business by maintenance of relationships /consultancy liaison with internal stakeholders and existing/prospective customers will occur.
- Assess and respond to routine and/or complex Trade Finance enquires / applications by analysing and interpreting needs.
- Identify prospects and generate contact programme
- Co-ordinate implementation and assist in the development of new products in line with business need.
- Provide monthly reports/statistics for management.
- Issue/Advise Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit and process payments
- Lead with the resolution of corporate customer’s queries and concerns, as well as liaising with Relationship Managers.
- Ensure compliance of rules and procedures with regards to country sanctions and money laundering. Support colleagues that are transacting with other bank’s (SWIFT) and maintaining good banking relationships
- Preparation / Verification of SWIFT messages as required
- Manage foreign and sterling payments (CHAPS), account reconciliation and monitoring currency risk.Issuing, advising, documents checking, payments, amendments, Guarantees, Standby Letters of Credit etc. in accordance with regulations and customer requirements whilst adhering to strict deadlines.
- First/Second checker of documents presented under letters of credit
- First signature/Verifier on letters of credit issued/advised/paid by the Bank.
- Processing/checking trade finance transactions on Banks accounting system ensuring that entries are posted accurately to accounts and charges correctly applied
- Liaise with clients regarding discrepancies in documents presented under documentary credits.
- Proven experience working in a trade finance area
- A Degree or equivalent in related fields.
- CDCS qualifications required.
- Thorough knowledge of letters of credit, collections, payments, documents checking, guarantees, standby letters of credit and back to back letters of credit.
- Ability to identify discrepancies in documents presented under letters of credit in order to carry out a reliable second check of documents.
- Must be confident in dealing directly with beneficiaries and other banks in technical documentary credit matters and possess a good telephone manner.
- Be conversant with Bank to Bank Reimbursements.
- Thorough understanding of international payments, acceptances, discounting of bills, purchase/sale of foreign exchange and application of fees.
- Experience of dealing with bank guarantees – performance and bid bonds, payment guarantees, shipping company indemnities etc.
- Excellent knowledge/understanding of trade finance products.