IT Technical Systems Administrator job in Stockport
Job Ref: 6971
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 15-03-2021
Category: IT/ Technology/ Digital
Our client are the market leaders in the design and manufacturer in their industry, with a reputation for exceptional quality of product and service
As a company, their aim is to work together to promote excellence by creating opportunity for all whilst operating with honesty and integrity. These core values run throughout the business from manufacturing and installation, to administration and customer service, to staff wellbeing and training.
As a result of expansion, and due to the requirement to update their IT systems incorporating their Access based bespoke system so that all sales, purchasing and invoice processes are working together, the business is looking for an IT Technical Systems Administrator who can get to grips with their system and rewrite it to make it better suit the business’s needs
This is a unique role and requires someone with exceptional database and also CRM systems who can undertake this project and then be the inhouse specialist
The role of IT Technical Systems Administrator will predominantly focus on the documentation and support of Business Systems with real opportunity to grow and develop with the business. An understanding of relational databases would be beneficial.
As a member of a small office team, the role requires someone who is willing to work in a varied role, managing their own workload and prioritising tasks.
There is a requirement for a team player who has a desire to understand the business and a willingness to learn. It will be vital that the candidate is highly organised, works with exceptional levels of accuracy and can demonstrate good levels of written communication.
As a company, they welcome improvement ideas from the staff and therefore the candidate should be passionate about the role and improving the working systems. The role will suit an enthusiastic person who is keen to expand on their existing technical knowledge.
Role and Responsibilities of the position of IT Technical Systems Administrator
- Supporting and implementing business system upgrades
- Writing, editing, and revising company documents
- Documenting existing business system structures and workflow
- Improving internal processes
- Updating website pages
- Producing technical documentation for product installation
Skills and Experience Requirements for the role of IT Technical Systems Administrator
- Proficient in MS Office ideally including Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Publisher
- Dealing with complex administrative procedures
- Strong administrative and data entry skills with good attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Understanding of MS Access and/or relational databases beneficial
- Experience of Adobe Design Suite beneficial
- Knowledge of coding beneficial