Technical Assistant job in Stockport
Job Ref: 6888
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £20,000 - £21,000
Date Posted: 15-10-2020
Category: IT/ Technology/ Digital
Our client are the UK market leaders in their field and are seeking additional support for their technical team. The successful candidate will have strong IT skills, exceptional attention to detail and a bright enthusiastic personality
As a company their aim is to work together to promote excellence by creating opportunity for all whilst operating with honesty and integrity. These core values run throughout the business from manufacturing and installation to administration and customer service to staff wellbeing and training.
- The role would suit a candidate with strong IT skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Responsible for managing the kit list data which is key to the business and must be correct or the wrong parts will be ordered
- Must be very organised, uploading photos to the website, taking photos of the jobs, they will train on CAD as long as they have really strong IT skills
- As a Technical Assistant, your main duties are to carry out various tasks which assist towards the technical aspects of the business. This currently includes tasks such as, CAD drawings, updating website pages, detailing vehicle changes & differences, writing installation documentation for the engineers, and liaising with production to document their processes. There is scope for this to also include work on tasks such as, Access databases, IT hardware & software, PCB design and 3D CAD drawing & product simulation.
- This role requires exceptionally high levels of organisation, accuracy, and communication. You need to be able to learn new skills and apply them to various tasks throughout the business. You are required to write instructions and content for the website therefore a good level of English and grammar are essential.
- You will work directly with a small team, but you will need to liaise with all other departments to ensure timescales and deadlines are met. You will be required to manage your own workload efficiently and prioritise your daily tasks.
- The role will suit an enthusiastic person who is keen to expand on their existing technical knowledge.
- A large proportion of it is about personality and willingness to learn as part of the team.