Technical Account Manager job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 7050
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £26,000 + Bonus
Date Posted: 26-05-2021
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Administration Office Support, Customer Services
This is a unique hybrid role that requires a technical mindset with exceptional communication skills; the role is supporting companies who have invested in Research and Development within their business, whether that be in a new product or new systems.
An example of this would be Gin manufacturers invested in machinery to produce Hand Sanitiser during Covid Pandemic; this financial investment is subject to Tax Relief and as recently outlined by the Chancellor, there are real tax incentives to businesses who are investing in R&D, so this is a huge growth area and offers exceptional career opportunities.
This role would suit a STEM or an Economics/Accountancy graduate with a real passion for business and who has worked within a targeted environment or to KPIs whilst studying for their degree, or an A-Level or equivalent candidate who again has a passion for business, engineering, manufacturing and has worked in an environment where they have had experience influencing customers at a senior level
Full training is given in the specifics of the role, ie tax processes.
Overview of the role of Technical Account Manager:
The Technical Account Manager will be the main point of contact for clients, offering a first-class end-to-end service that involves handling a wide range of administrative functions and applying technical knowledge and questioning to make decisions on how a client’s case should progress.
The role is critical to the smooth running of the business and requires efficient handling of confidential information with the ability to engage with senior, external stakeholders throughout the process.
Any KPI or target based experience is good.
Must have proven experience of directly influencing end customers, not just supporting administration and ideally from a B2B environment.
Candidates must be able to show experience of engaging with senior level customers, be able to question in a structured manner, have a strength of personality and hold their own in telephone-based information gathering scenarios.
Candidates must have gravitas, maturity, be articulate in order to question Business Owners, Managing Directors etc in a constructive manner.
Carrying out 2 Research calls a day, and from there then managing the individual cases and producing Tax submission reports.
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Technical Account Manager:
- Genuine interest in people and business. To be successful, you will need to reflect the client’s passion and enthusiasm and have strong verbal and written proficiency to engage with senior stakeholders including business owners/directors/decision makers to offer the highest level of customer service.
- Scheduling and completing telephone based investigations, determining whether clients have or have not carried out qualifying Research and Development activities.
- Obtaining pertinent records, reports & financial information from clients in order to progress claims along with any additional information required for the submission of the report, whilst maintaining accurate records on the internal CMS system.
- Excellent time management skills in order to plan and organise tasks effectively, taking a structured and methodical approach to achieving outcomes with strong attention to detail.
- Gathers, verifies and assesses all appropriate and available information to gain an accurate understanding of the client’s business and projects.
- Outstanding negotiation skills with the ability to resolve issues and address complaints.
- Strong computer and IT skills to include data processing, typing and internet research abilities with good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working towards agreed daily, weekly and monthly individual/ team targets to meet the annual Company revenue target.
Excellent basic salary of £26,000 plus £4,000 bonuses.