Tax Analyst R&D job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 7023
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000
Date Posted: 29-04-2021
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Administration Office Support
Our client is a market leader in supporting businesses, who have invested in R&D, in claiming the Tax allowances from HMRC and is looking to recruit a Tax Analyst to join their established expanding team
This role is responsible for analysing the costs attributed to the R&D projects, the submission of the R&D reports and relevant other amendments required to ensure the R&D claims are processed in line with HMRC legislation and guidelines and ensuring the client receives all benefit that is due and is obtained within HMRC guidelines and appropriate to the client’s expectations.
Additionally, responsible for ensuring that follow-on queries and processes surrounding the costs and submission are completed to create a smooth finance related process for the client.
Responsibilities and Requirements for the position of Tax Analyst:
- Excellent knowledge of the HMRC legislation and guidelines within which the company and role operates
- Completing cost summaries and tax return submissions/amendments in a way which follows company processes, expectations and checks to maximise client benefit, accuracy and due diligence
- Understands the company’s objectives and priorities, and how own work fits into these.
- Able to communicate and instruct, effectively and accurately with the client and internal and external stakeholders such as accountants, regarding technical aspects of the claim to ensure the benefit from the claim is correct
- Responsible for identifying any relevant process amendments that are required to ensure high levels of diligence within the process
- Plans and organises tasks and workload effectively, taking a structured and methodical approach to achieving outcomes.
- The Tax Analyst should work quickly to communicate any department or individual issues with others and management to ensure all the team is aware of the risk
- Focuses on the outcomes to be achieved, working quickly and accurately and seeking guidance when appropriate.
- Strong computer and IT skills to include data processing, typing and internet research abilities with good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working towards agreed daily, weekly and monthly individual/ team targets to meet the annual Company revenue target
- Working with credit control and finance to establish accurate and timely processing of client billing, as well as communicating the basis of this to clients in an effective manner
Excellent opportunities to progress, highly competitive salaries, plus bonuses of an additional £4k on top of advertised salary and benefits package