Tax Analyst Canadian Market job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6907
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 + Bonus
Date Posted: 16-11-2020
Category: Accounting/ Finance
Our client is a market leading organisation who are seeking a Tax Analyst working on their Canadian team
The ideal candidate will be an Engineering or Mathematics Graduate with possible some work experience as a project assistant or similar and will have strong written and verbal communication skills
Two years office experience would be ideal
- There is an expectation that some hours will be completed during Typical Canadian Working hours, although contracted hours will remain at 35 hours.
- This role is responsible for analysing the costs attributed to the projects, the submission of the reports and relevant other amendments required to ensure the claims are processed in line with CRA legislation and guidelines. Ensuring the client receives all benefit that is due and is obtained within CRA guidelines and appropriate to the client’s expectations.
- Additionally, responsible for ensuring that follow-on queries and processes surrounding the costs and submission are completed to create a smooth finance related process for the client.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of the CRA legislation and guidelines within which the company and role operates.
- Completing cost summaries and tax return submissions/amendments in a way which follows company processes, expectations and checks to maximise client benefit, accuracy and due diligence.
- Understands the company’s objectives and priorities, and how own work fits into these.
- Able to communicate and instruct, effectively and accurately with the client and internal and external stakeholders regarding technical aspects of the claim related to the role to ensure the benefit from the claim is correct.
- Responsible for identifying any relevant process amendments that are required to ensure high levels of diligence within the process.
- Plans and organises tasks and workload effectively, taking a structured and methodical approach to achieving outcomes.
- Focuses on the outcomes to be achieved, working quickly and accurately and seeking guidance when appropriate.
- Strong computer and IT skills to include data processing, typing and internet research abilities with good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working towards agreed daily, weekly and monthly individual/ team targets to meet the annual Company revenue target
- Working with credit control and finance to establish accurate and timely processing of client billing, as well as communicating the basis of this to clients in an effective manner
- Liaising with the Canadian Accountant relevant to claim submissions.