Surveyor job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6620
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £19,000 - £21,000 + Bonus
Date Posted: 10-05-2019
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Customer Services
Our client is a market leader within its field of expertise, working on behalf of commercial property owners to obtain Capital Allowance Tax refunds . The first part of this process is to carry out surveys on Commercial Properties to ascertain if the building is eligible based on HMRC guidelines.
To this end they are looking to recruit a Surveyor to survey/measure and photograph sites and produce a survey report for the Analysts
The ideal candidate will have at least 12 months experience within surveying, educated to at least A Level (or equivalent) standard, full driving licence and willing to travel
Role & Responsibilities for the position of Surveyor:
- Conducting site surveys to identify & record installations within new & existing buildings that qualify for capital allowances reports
- Determine & record gross internal floor areas
- Obtain photographs of qualifying plant & machinery
- Provide findings to the CA Analysts in a survey report
- Respond to client/tenant queries and, where necessary, escalate to head office
- Thoroughly documenting activity on the customer management system (CMS) and updating spreadsheets to ensure accurate record keeping
Requirements for the position of Surveyor:
- Full driving licence
- A Level or equivalent
- Ideally with some knowledge of the HMRC legislation and guidelines, but full training provided).
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of due diligence within the remit of the role
- Understands the company’s objectives and priorities, and how own work fits into these.
- Confident on Excel to create reports and data
- Acts on own initiative to find solutions, showing a strong work ethic and demonstrating extra effort when required.
- Is keen to learn; proactively responding to feedback, learning from experience and developing own professional skills and knowledge.
Excellent Salary, plus car/car allowance plus bonuses c£6k+