Supply Chain Manager job in Salford
Job Ref: 6454
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Date Posted: 09-08-2018
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain
Our client is a market leading organisation who are seeking a Supply Chain Manager. This is a busy and varied role and the ideal candidate will have experience within either a textile or Import environment.
Responsible To: General Manager
Purpose of the Supply Chain Manager Job
The purpose of the role of the Supply Chain Manager is to provide first class administrative support, ensuring the smooth running of the Purchasing department.
Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Supply Chain Manager
- To develop and manage the companies direct container business to key account customers to ensure 100% order fulfillment.
- Work closely with Business Development Managers to ensure optimum stock availability for key accounts
- Create, raise and confirm purchase orders to vendors
- Ensure superseded, obsolete and slow moving products are identified to the business on a regular basis
- Be accountable for cost reduction, benchmarking and margin growth ensuring highly competitive pricing is achieved
- Produce and distribute weekly and monthly reports as required by the business.
- Work proactively on methods to drive efficiency and reduce cost by means of optimising use of the supply chain
- Interact directly with overseas vendors and agents to progress outstanding purchase orders to ensure stock availability and confirmed arrival dates.
- Ensure appropriate quality assurance is maintained at all stages of the supply chain.
- Progression of shipping documents to ensure speedy import clearance.
- Identify reorder points and maintain lead times across stock items.
- Identify opportunities to improve supplier terms and lead negotiations to reduce costs and improve efficiencies
- Identify new suppliers who could be capable of providing products to satisfy the company’s current and future needs.
- To identify new products and potential product opportunities within the market.
- Provide exceptional administrative support to the Purchasing Department.
- Provide cover for the Purchasing Manager when required.
- Other duties as identified from time to time.
Skills & Competencies of the Supply Chain Manager
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel / Word
- An experienced buyer / stock / supply chain controller, ideally within an import business. Commercially driven and a confident nature with strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and IT skills.
- Knowledge of the textiles market would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build highly successful relationships.
- Able to organise workloads, meet deadlines and resolve problems
- Willingness to travel – desirable
- Strong presentational skills both verbal and numerical with the ability to communicate assertively and confidently.
- Able to work in a flexible way, responding to the needs of the business while still remaining goal orientated