Stock Reduction Analyst job in Trafford Park
Job Ref: 6591
Job Type: PERM
Location: Trafford Park
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Date Posted: 07-08-2019
Category: Administration Office Support, Logistics/ Supply Chain
Our client is looking to recruit a Stock Reduction Analyst; this business is a hugely successful bulk importer of products from international suppliers which are then sold/distributed to some of the best known wholesalers and retailers in the UK. As a result there are a number of products lines that are overstocked/obsolete and the company require a Stock Reduction Analyst who is able to identify these products and support the business in selling this stock in form of promotions and offers to maximise revenue
The key experience necessary for this role is someone with buying experience and who has dealt with reducing over stocks/stock management from more of a buying perspective but that also has the skills to work with the sales team to clear through any over stocks by compiling reports on slow moving lines etc.
The job purpose of Stock Reduction Analyst :
To manage and reduce the over stocks, slow moving and obsolete lines. Take ownership for offers and promotions relating to the reduction of SLOBS while working in partnership with the Sales Team. Together with ensuring the website is updated with all product images are up to date, price matrix’s are correct and facilitate customers moving to online ordering.
Role and Responsibilities of Stock Reduction Analyst :
- Reduce slow moving and obsolete lines and aged stock
- Month on month/year or year stock comparison
- Produce and manage the clearance list
- Responsible for producing a fortnightly marketing plan, targeted stock reduction through flyers, mail outs and off the press produced through liaising with the design team and working closely with the Sales team to ensure
- Maintain online prices ensuring they are updated correctly.
- Maintain the price book
- Responsible for ensuring all online images are current and correct
- Ading/removing new and discontinued lines
- Facilitating and growing the migration of customers from traditional methods of ordering to online ordering. Set up online accounts for these customers.
- Producing reports for the Sales Team as required
- Responsible for signing off Purchase Orders
- Year on Year/month on month over stock comparison
- Identification of customers moving to online; Number of customers ordering, online orders, total value of online orders.
Key Requirements for the position of Stock Reduction Analyst:
- Ability to work as both part of a team and using own initiative
- Experience in a similar role
- Excellent product knowledge
- Good working knowledge of Sage 200
- Good organisational skills, time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work to KPI’s
- Committed to delivering results
- Ability to work in a fast paced and ever evolving environment
- Hands on approach