Social Care Business Manager job in Oldham
Job Ref: 7224
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £48,000 - £51,000
Date Posted: 16-12-2021
Category: Administration Office Support, Customer Services, Management
Working with NHS and Local Authorities to set up services in the community to support vulnerable adults to live independently in their own tenancies, the role is commissioning services to support vulnerable adults to live in the community, building relationships with Local Authorities and teams who commission services for vulnerable adults.
Our client is a Social Care Provider providing Supported Living and residential services to over 300 people in the Greater Manchester and Lancs area. Employing around 1000 staff and rated CQC outstanding. Their specialist service model is to support people moving from hospital or similar services
The company aspires to deliver high quality, personalised social and health support services to people living within the community, many of whom will have additional and complex social and physical or mental health support needs.
They do this by collaborating and working with other social care providers, housing providers and community groups, in order to support individuals to expand their opportunities and to connect with others and the wider community.
The Ideal Candidate for the position of Social Care Business Manager
- Ideally Social Care or Health Background
- Understand the ethos of the sector – Stakeholder Value not Shareholder Value
- Hands on – small team and need to work at various levels
- Understands Hybrid working and getting the best outcomes from multi team working
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working with Local Authority and Health commissioning teams an advantage
Overview of the role of Social Care Business Manager:
You will play a key role in supporting the Business Development Team in the planning related to both maintenance and growth of the organisation. You will be involved in developing new service models and strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets to enhance the operation of the business, its market position, and its reputation.
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Social Care Business Manager
- A commitment to the business’s values and a desire to make a difference
- Knowledge of the social care/not-for-profit sector would be an advantage – stakeholder value not shareholder value
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong, credible relationships both internally and externally at all levels.
- Experience of developing marketing and business plans
- Project management experience and the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Ability to be innovative and think outside the box
- Experience of managing staff teams
- Experience of product development and implementation
- Experience of brand development
- Experience of developing and delivering training and presentations
- Flexible and willing to work in the constantly changing environment of a growing social care environment
- Ability to support and enthuse others and maintain a professional image
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Willingness to travel, including some evening and weekends
- Excellent IT skills
- Driving license and access to a vehicle