Settlements Officer job in Northwich
Job Ref: 6837
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Date Posted: 26-06-2020
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Administration Office Support
Our client, a leading Commercial Bank, is looking to recruit a Settlements Officer to further assist in the growth of the business
The ideal candidate will have experience in providing back office banking support and service within Settlements. You will be a team worker who is adaptable and prepared to take on challenging and varied initiatives within a rapidly developing business.
Working under your own initiative and across a variety of different business areas you will have experience of delivering excellence as part of a multi-functional team whilst maintaining exceptional levels of quality, professionalism at all times
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Settlements Officer:
- Inputting/processing /authorising payments
- Carrying out investigations
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- General database maintenance.
- Provide back-office support and service on banking operations
- Responsible for processing of Customer Transactions: BACS, CHAPS, and International Payments.
- Proactive in proposing and providing processing solutions
- Inputting Treasury settlements
- FX and Money Markets deposits
- Carrying out Payment investigations
- Processing payments
Experience required for the position of Settlements Officer
- Relevant experience within a Back office / administration office environment
- Payments experience is preferred, but not essential
- Knowledge of Swift Messaging -MT103 / MT202 would be advantageous, but not essential
- A good attention to detail, adaptability, a keenness to learn and accurate keyboard skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- A good team player, capable of working in a fast paced pressured environment
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business
- Excellent Communication Skills, with ability to provide exceptional levels of customer service
- Able to work in a fast paced pressured environment, maintaining accuracy and quality.