Service Engineer Coordinator job in Trafford Park
Job Ref: 6636
Job Type: CONTRACT
Location: Trafford Park
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000
Date Posted: 10-06-2019
Category: Customer Services, Engineering
Our client is looking to recruit a Service Engineer Coordinator , initially for a 12 month contract with a view to permanent position once contract completed. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in coordination whether that be of engineers, or supporting field based teams and project support.
Overall Objective of the position of Service Engineer Coordinator:
Responsible for efficient and effective co-ordination of Service & Installation Engineer resource to ensure work is carried out within agreed time frames and scope to a high quality standard to continuously improve customer satisfaction scores.
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Service Engineer Coordinator:
- Pro-active coordination of Site Service work and Service Engineers including travel arrangements, tools and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Act as Single Point of Contact for all Field Service bookings.
- Responsibility for Administering Service Contracts (co-ordination, etc) within SAP.
- Administration relating to Field Service including expenses, job cards, follow up on reports and actions.
- Coordination and booking of service engineer training.
- Proactive and solution orientated resolution of issues in a timely manner engaging with customers, colleagues and peers as needed.
- Responding quickly and professionally to customer enquiries.
- Processing quotations and orders for labour in SAP.
- Following-up progress of outstanding customer quotations.
- Ensures completion of outstanding service tasks as identified in engineers reports.
- Following up on completed service jobs to ensure Customer Satisfaction.
- Following up on orders to ensure timely completion and coordination with parts and third parties.
- Liaising with internal staff (both in the UK and abroad), suppliers etc. to resolve customer enquiries.
- To champion customer satisfaction .
- Ensure hours are booked within deadlines set by Finance Department.
- Assisting with Appraisals for the Service and Installation team
- To provide office support to the Health & Safety Manager, for the implementation of safe contractor admin, risk assessments, method statements, PPE, etc.
Experience required for the role of Service Engineer Coordinator:
- 3 years previous experience in a similar customer service/ field service or similar customer facing role.
- Experience of coordinating technical projects would be an advantage
- Commercially competent
- Experience of working in an office environment handling customer contacts relating to engineering or technical machinery.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- Good PC and keyboard skills.
- Knowledge of Windows and basic Microsoft applications e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Previous experience with SAP would be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate professionally with customers.
- Excellent organisational skills, methodical and logical.
- Excellent time management and administrative skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- German or other Northern European Language skills are welcome, but not essential
Excellent salary and benefits plus a good bonus