Senior Soft Furnishings Designer job in Bury
Job Ref: 6812
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £Competitive Salary
Date Posted: 10-03-2020
Category: Textiles/ Fashion
Our client, a leading designer and manufacturer of soft furnishings, is looking to recruit a Senior Designer to join their established friendly team.
As Senior Designer, you will be responsible for producing a range of designs for printed bedding and curtains for many of their major retail customers
Role and Responsibility for the position of Senior Designer.
- Designing to customer specifications and briefs
- Producing trends and concepts for future presentations to customer
- Preparing designs for the colour studio
- Preparing designs for printing, ensuring they are in repeat and colour reduced.
- Producing layouts to send to suppliers
- Liaising with customers for their design briefs and preparing portfolios for selection
- Producing artwork to design briefs for selection
- Archiving and cataloguing completed designs using Daminion software
Skills and Experience required for the role of Senior Designer:
- Design Degree, preferably in printed textiles.
- Good drawing skills.
- Knowledge of Nedgraphics, AVA or similar design software
- Experience in soft furnishing textile design
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of Daminion ideal