Senior R&D Tax Analyst job in Manchester
Job Ref: 7066
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 10-06-2021
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Administration Office Support
Our client is a specialist in supporting companies who have invested in Research and Development in their businesses to maximise their tax efficiencies, claim R&D Tax Credits and then ensure that year-on-year they maximise their claim eligibility, recovering some of their costs which allows them to continually reinvest back into their business.
As a result of continued growth and expansion, they are looking to recruit a Senior R&D Tax Analyst
Role and Responsibilities for the role of Senior R&D Tax Analyst
- Completing cost summaries and tax return submissions/amendments in a way which follows company processes, expectations and checks to maximise client benefit, accuracy, and due diligence.
- Communicating and instructing, effectively and accurately with the client and internal and external stakeholders such as accountants, regarding technical aspects of the claim to ensure the benefit from the claim is correct.
- Communicating with client’s key personnel to identify eligible projects and through casual interview style calls / in-person meetings gather the relevant information to write accurate and compliant technical project reports.
- Taking responsibility for your own workload, analysts with work with their clients from beginning to end, completing all the necessary steps up until submission.
- Being a first point of contact for both our clients and other team members; responding to a variety of queries from colleagues and external customers as appropriate.
- Responsible for identifying referral opportunities to be passed over to our Consultancy team.
- Training junior members of staff, undertaking reviews and growing your team
Ideal candidates for the position of Senior Tax Analyst:
- Someone industrious, bright and who has a “client satisfaction first” mindset
- Strong computer and IT skills to include data processing, typing and internet research abilities with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong experience within the R&D Tax industry (1-2years minimum), with experience in conducting meetings with clients, writing the technical documentation, and completing detailed and accurate cost summaries for both SME and Large clients.
- It would be great if the successful applicant had already achieved their tax qualifications (ATT, CTA, etc.) BUT not essential
Package for the position of Senior R&D Tax Analyst
- An initial salary of £30k+ per annum, with regular pay reviews (every 6 months) and bonuses based on performance.
- Following the successful completion of your probation you will be included in the company’s profit share bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Office event days and nights out
- Training and development: for the right candidate, outside of comprehensive in-house training from their Head of R&D Analysis (if required), also open to provide access to accountancy, and/or tax-based qualifications (if required).
- Real opportunities for progression – building your own Analyst team, moving into managerial roles, etc.