Senior Graphic Designer job in Stockport
Job Ref: 7062
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Date Posted: 08-06-2021
Category: IT/ Technology/ Digital, Marketing/ Advertising/ PR
Our client is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to take the creative lead for the business’s brand, acting as brand guardian, responsible for brand design integrity and evolution.
As Senior Graphic Designer , you will lead design projects across all channels including print, email, digital/web, presentations and product/packaging. Working closely with the in-house marketing team to increase brand awareness and sales by designing impactful marketing collateral.
Key Accountabilities for the position of Senior Graphic Designer:
- Design owner: Acts as the owner of the design for both print and digital projects as allocated by the Marketing Manager/Directors. This includes creative idea generation, through the production cycle and print. Controls brand guidelines and keeps these up to date in all media as the brand design progresses. Ensures all marketing output meets appropriate quality and design standards.
- Design production: Takes creative briefs from internal teams including Marketing, Ecommerce, and Procurement to produce attractive and effective marketing collateral. Has the capacity to challenge briefs and input creative ideas in order to maximise sales and customer engagement. Utilises time saving techniques and templating to speed up the creation of promotional artwork.
- Digital design: Liaises with Marketing Manager and Marketing Executive to take briefs for all digital channels including web collateral and email to produce high quality designs.
- Catalogue/print design: Takes responsibility for communicating brands clearly in the catalogue, mini mailers and other brochures e.g. Corporate Brochure. Designs sections of the catalogue as allocated by the Marketing Manager, including on-page ads according to brand guidelines and to strict and agreed marketing schedules.
- Campaign design: Leads the creative design for campaigns throughout the year that support the overall brand and its services.
- Oversees the work of the Graphic Designer to ensure brand integrity. Providing on-the-job design training/guidance as needed to help their personal development Creates a visual brand viewed as the strongest in the market, ensuring a clear brand identity.
- Contributes to the company’s achievement of KPIs including revenue and profit.
- Contributes to Marketing and Ecommerce KPIs including web traffic, email engagement etc
- Embraces testing to improve the performance of promotional designs.
- Produces all promotional material promptly and to the agreed requirements.
Ideal candidate for the role of Senior Graphic Designer
- Highly creative.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently present ideas to senior management
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent experience in the use of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient in image manipulation.