School Support Services Manager job in Manchester
Job Ref: 6548
Job Type: TEMP
Salary: £10.25 - £11.00 per hour
Date Posted: 03-01-2019
Category: Administration Office Support, Administrative
Our client has a vacancy for a Support Services Manager for an outstanding local School. The position is full time, term-time only plus one week. The role is initially on a Temporary basis with a full time position available
Reporting to the Head teacher, the duties and responsibilities will include:
- Being PA to the Head teacher of the Primary Phase.
- Line management of the Primary Phase Receptionist and Lunch Time Organisers
- Producing all Primary Phase letters to parents including half termly class newsletters.
- Ensuring that the Primary Phase section of the website is up-to-date and that all letters are available on the website.
- Being responsible for organising all public events in Primary Phase, including Parents’ Evenings.
- Being responsible for organising the extra-curricular programme for Primary Phase pupils, including composing letters to parents and compiling registers.
- Making bookings for all Primary Phase educational visits and visitors, including transport arrangements and all Primary Phase staff training courses.
- Attending meetings to take minutes as needed.
- Liaising with parents and the school Attendance Team regarding pupil absences.
- Being responsible for the administration of all First Aid within the Primary Phase on a day-to-day basis.
- Carrying out necessary checks and liaise with the Health and Safety Co-ordinator and the Facilities Manager as necessary.
- Being responsible for establishing and maintaining files for all pupils in the Primary Phase.
- Being responsible for ordering all stock for the Primary Phase, including annual classroom orders.
- Completing miscellaneous administration duties as required by the Head teacher of the Primary Phase.
They are looking for someone with:
- A good standard of education, with excellent numeracy and literacy.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong organisational and administrative ability in a similar role with excellent IT skills.
- Integrity and honesty
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines but always with a concern for quality and customer service.
- A tidy, organised and methodical approach with attention to detail.
- The willingness to undergo training (including First Aid) and be committed to one’s own Continuous Professional Development.