Sales Trainer job in Cheadle
Job Ref: 7143
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 03-09-2021
Category: HR/ Training
Our client is looking for a Sales Trainer to assist their Lead Trainer in the new Academy they have set up to offer the best L&D support to their sales team.
The main purpose of the role is to work with their new sales recruits and take them through a best in class sales academy/launchpad program so they reach performance levels expected and with confidence so they are able to deliver and perform to the highest standards in the business.
This role would suit someone with 1 or 2 years in a L&D role looking for their next move.
This is a hybrid working role, office and home based as well as attending other sites with senior staff as required
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Sales Trainer
- Responsibilities will include preparing learning material, delivering the Induction program, working with existing colleagues to upskill and help retain their people.
- As part of Academy team, reporting to Head of Sales Academy you will also be working alongside their existing trainers across the business to help deliver a rolling road of training requirements to keep the company and its people at the top of their game.
- Working to assist in the scaling up of the business and ensuring retention of their people which is at the heart of the business
- Working closely with their sales team to identify the challenges they face and implement ways to assist them overcome these
- Assist with the design and delivery of in-house training solutions in line with needs
- Assist in identify training needs for both the individual and department through the delivery of various methods, including 1:1 coaching, identifying individuals’ strengths, areas for development & providing constructive feedback accordingly
- Ensure all new team members embed learning and transition into the sales team smoothly
- Build positive relationships through effective communication with colleagues and managers and other departments to encourage shared learning
- To provide developmental feedback to colleagues to aid their achievement of revenue and KPI’s
- Ensure your own continuous professional development by keeping abreast of current sales and development techniques and trends
The ideal person for the position of Sales Trainer
- You must have demonstrative experience of coaching ability and knowledge of the sales processes and techniques, with a genuine passion for people and their development, the energy and ambition to excel and the creativity to take the department to the next level
- You will have 2 or 3 years’ experience but be looking for the role that is going to give you a position to springboard your training career in a growing, thriving business.
- Proven work experience as a Sales Trainer or similar role
- Experience in a sales position is a plus
- Writing sales training material as well as delivering the material
- Ability to assist the full training cycle, including in-person activities and web-based learning
- Hands-on experience with e-learning platforms
- Excellent organisational skills
In return you will be working in a great culture where you can be your best in a business that genuinely cares about colleague and client engagement, as well as having the ability to shape their future as you assist in building the Sales Academy to deliver best in class performance.
- Your birthday off work (in addition to a generous annual leave and bank holiday entitlement of 33 days)
- Wellbeing support and a health cash plan
- Incentives, continuous learning and development