Sales Support Commercial Administrator job in Oldham
Job Ref: 6144
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 25th August, 2017
Category: Administration Office Support, Customer Services
This position is to support the commercial manager and the external sales team in providing a full range of duties such as pricing , delivery enquiries and management of orders.
Exceptional communication skills are essential to establish and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Take incoming phone calls from customers and provide information on:
– product prices and lead times
– delivery information for orders
– copy quotations
– product samples
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key customers.
- Working closely with the external sales force
- Process customer orders onto the business system.
- Feed back information to customers from initial enquiry, order process through to delivery whilst also informing internal teams of changes/updates etc and making sure the account manager for the customer is aware of order status etc
- Proactively inform customer of delivery dates and any changes or delays to delivery days.
- Work closely and support the external sales force.
- Liaise with other departments to advise of changes to orders:
– order revisions
- Manage order book by proactively pursuing incomplete order/delivery details.
- To be able to produce small quotations for customers.
- Good standard of education
- Excellent verbal communication, numeric and literacy skills
- Professional level telephone skills
- Organisational and workload planning ability
- Ability to learn and use detailed product knowledge
- Ability to adapt to and use various commercial IT systems including Microsoft Outlook, proficient at Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- To be able to work as part of a team.
- Must have proven previous office experience.
- Enthusiastic & career minded