Sales Director job in Trafford Park
Job Ref: 6541
Job Type: PERM
Location: Trafford Park
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Date Posted: 04-01-2019
Category: Management, Sales
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Sales Director looking for their first Managing Director/Profit Centre Managers role where all your sales experience will be essential to your success whilst gaining exceptional management and commercial skills to take your career to the next level.
Our client is looking for a Profit Centre Manager to run, support and develop a growing highly successful business looking to move to the next level. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in a similar role where they have made a positive impact on the business, increased sales and motivated a team to succeed further.
The successful candidate will have come from the print, plastics and/or distributionindustry where they have not only been responsible Key Account Management and New Business Development but will also have exceptional operational and financial expertise.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an inspirational manager who wants to genuinely make a difference; working with a highly motivated team who are exceptionally passionate about the business, are keen to succeed and want to a manager who will empower them towards that success.
Outline of the role of The Profit Centre Manager:
The Profit Centre Manager has final responsibility for all aspects of the running of the Profit Centre. This includes all staff matters, sales effort, inventory control, marketing, financial reporting, logistics and compliance to standards on paper and data processing
The proactive promoting of the business and all customer contact is generated by the Profit Centre led by the Profit Centre Manager
The Profit Centre is considered to be an independently financed business and the financial reporting method is structured in this matter
The Profit Centre Manager reports directly to the Regional Manager
Role and Responsibilities:
- Identify new product and market opportunities and execute a business plan for the Profit Centre
- Promote and market the services provided by the Profit Centre to its customer base in the most appropriate and beneficial manner
- Direct, motivate and develop existing staff and when it is to the benefit of the business, appoint new staff
- Understand the Company financial reporting methodology and closely review monthly financial reports
- Ensure the Profit Centre meets its statutory requirements including health and safety, operator’s licence and employment law
- Ensure the Profit Centre is following Company Standard Practice Instructions on policy, procedures and processes
- Produce and present an annual forecast to the Company’s shareholders
- Manage, maintain and monitor inventory levels to meet customer needs efficiently
- Negotiate local purchasing conditions and rebates with suppliers
- Support and work with the credit control team at the service centre to maximise opportunity and minimise risk
- Maximise the asset utilisation of the business and establish capital expenditure needs
- Maintain the facility in accordance with lease agreement
- Be familiar with and be able to work with the Company computer system
Excellent Package including salary and car/car allowance