Road Transport Operator job in Wythenshawe
Job Ref: 7067
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Date Posted: 10-06-2021
Category: Administration Office Support, Customer Services, Logistics/ Supply Chain
Our client, a leading transport logistics company, is looking to recruit an experienced Road Transport Operator to coordinate and manage all Road Transport on behalf of their clients in a compliant, efficient, and effective manner ensuring appropriate communications internally and externally and offering exceptional customer service.
Key duties and responsibilities for the position of Road Transport Operator:
- Email coordination with agents, shippers, and consignees for the movement of freight.
- Quotation requests answered and acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Quote request to a minimum of 3 hauliers to gain best price and service.
- Timely follow up quote requests to suppliers
- Send quotes to internal customers or presented through CargoWise quoting system to the client.
- Proactively and timely acknowledgement of quotations , requesting full collection, delivery dates, times, contact names, reference numbers and available freight dates.
- Job file created in CargoWise and costs accrued.
- Make bookings with hauliers
- Completion of customs declarations, if appropriate.
- Send confirmation details to the customer advising of transport company, driver, registration number asking for a booking slot, if required.
- Manage the booking and ancillary information with the haulier.
- Pre-checks prior to shipment with the haulier.
- Manage key communications with the suppliers.
- Ensure email / phone / portal confirmation on the day that the correct goods have been collected.
- Send confirmations to the shippers when the goods have been collected.
- Contact hauliers to find out ETA details.
- Communicated ETA delivery information to the sender confirming if there are any special requirements for the delivery.
- Request a POD when the goods have been delivered and sending to the customer.
- Promotion of additional services to clients.
- Client invoicing.
- Authenticating supplier invoices for agreed rates.
- Keep an up-to-date database of hauliers, rates, routings and transit times.
- Nurture the supplier relationship ensuring a partnership foundation.
- Dealing with general enquiries.
- Organising credit card payments and collection of D&V and COD payments, liaising with accounts.
- Ensuring all internal SOP’s are followed correctly
Person Specification for Road Transport Operator:
- Computer literate, Microsoft office applications, FF / Logistics system experience.
- Customs clearance knowledge is essential.
- Relevant Freight Forwarding industry experience or transferable skills.
- Committed and able to deal with challenging scenarios.
- Flexibility in the workplace.
- Able to adapt to changing priorities & timelines in a fast-paced challenging environment.
- Ability to work well with colleagues or on their own.
- Supportive of an evolving workplace.
- Empathetic to internal / external colleagues.
- Proactive in actions and communications.
- Able to organise their workload and workspace.
- Able to converse with clients, suppliers, agents and colleagues in a professional and clear manner.