Research Analyst job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6090
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000
Date Posted: 11th July, 2017
Category: Administration Office Support, Customer Services
This is an excellent role for an individual who genuinely has a passion for business, enjoys learning about what companies do together with having very strong relationship building skills and can do this over the telephone. THIS IS NOT A SALES ROLE AND THERE IS NO COLD CALLING. This is speaking to speak to MD’s and gather information from them about their businesses and projects that they have carried out
Would suit someone who has come from the recruitment industry where they have built client relationships , account management, or banking and finance where they have analysed information, created reports, presented to senior management level; must have a good standard of education and strong commercial experience
The role is very much an investigative role, building rapport with the client over the telephone and drilling down into their businesses
These clients are hugely enthusiastic about their businesses and must share this enthusiasm, be confident and succinct.
Ability to ask questions based around Who? What? When? Why? And Where?
Not a sales role in any way, more of information gathering, understanding a business.. no knowledge of product is required just someone who has worked in an a environment where they have researched information, gathered information from various sources for reports, can look at detailed information and identify salient points
Working to KPIs based on the customer journey
Managing your own customer base
Experience and Personality Traits
The ability to build rapport quickly and easily is essential, at senior FD/MD level.
Professionalism is essential.
A level of knowledge is ideal, must be business orientated in some respect and have an understanding of basic economics (i.e a basic understanding of dividends vs. salary, turnover vs gross profit, gross profit vs net profit etc etc).
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Genuine interest in people and business. The successful candidate will need to reflect client’s passion and enthusiasm and have strong skills to engage with very senior stakeholders including business owners/leaders
- Understands the company’s objectives and priorities, and how own work fits into these
- Plans and organises tasks effectively, taking a structured and methodical approach to achieving outcomes
- Manages multiple tasks effectively by thinking things through in advance, prioritising and managing time well
- Focuses on the outcomes to be achieved, working quickly and accurately and seeking guidance when appropriate
- Working to agreed service levels
- Working towards agreed daily, weekly and monthly individual targets
Openness to change
- Positive about change, adapting rapidly to different ways of working and putting effort into making them work
- Flexible and open to alternative approaches to solving problems
- Finds better, more cost-effective ways to do things, making suggestions for change and putting forward ideas for improvement
- Takes an innovative and creative approach to solving problems
- Takes ownership for resolving problems
- Acts on own initiative to address issues, showing a strong work ethic and demonstrating extra effort when required
- Upholds professional standards, acting honestly and ethically, and challenges unprofessional conduct or discriminatory behaviour
- Asks for and acts on feedback, learning from experience and developing own professional skills and knowledge
- Remains calm and professional under pressure, defusing conflict and being prepared to step forward and take control when required
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated and positive attitude
- Cool-tempered and able to handle rejection
- Gathers, verifies and assesses all appropriate and available information to gain an accurate understanding of the client’s business and projects.
- Proven ability to gather and collate information using questioning techniques and create and maintain accurate records
- Considers a range of possible options before making clear, timely, justifiable decisions.
- Reviews decisions in the light of new information and changing circumstances
- Balances risks, costs and benefits, thinking about the wider impact of decisions
- Outstanding negotiation skills with the ability to resolve issues and address complaints
- IT skills – including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Maintaining accurate records on databases and systems
- Excellent telephone manner
Working with others
- Works co-operatively with others to get things done, willingly giving help and support to colleagues
- Is approachable, developing positive working relationships
- Explains things well, focusing on the key points and talking to people using language they understand
- Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify understanding, expressing own views positively and constructively
- Persuades people by stressing the benefits of a particular approach, keeps them informed of progress and manages their expectations.
- Is courteous, polite and considerate, showing empathy and compassion
- Deals with people as individuals and addresses their specific needs and concerns and treating them with respect and dignity
This is purely an office based role. This is looking to be the client’s focal point initially, arranging and handling client’s enquiries. In addition to general duties, it is expected that each Analyst will complete on average 20 telephone based Investigations per week. There will be a need for including preparation time reviewing relevant information, post call documentation and an internal review with the technical team to action findings.