Research Analyst job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6597
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £23,000 + Bonus
Date Posted: 21-06-2019
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Customer Services
Our client, a leading financial business support company is looking to recruit a Research Analyst; this role requires an individual with exceptional research skills coupled with first class communication skills to gather information on business activities, engage with corporate clients to gain this information and create meaningful reports highlighting evidence of business activities
This is purely an office based role, making 2 telephone based investigations will be completed each day, including preparation time reviewing relevant information, post call documentation and an internal review with the technical team to action findings.
Role, Responsibilities and Skills required for the position of Research Analyst:
- To carry out and manage telephone based investigations, to determine business activities of clients in order to establish if certain thresholds and requirements, have been met and then create reports to justify
- This role involves a scheduled telephone meeting with the client, normally the MD or owner of a business asking relevant questions to identify validity
- Ability to question clients, their professional advisors in an empathetic manner whilst ensuring the correct information is gained
- The role is very much an investigative role, building rapport with the client over the telephone and drilling down into the activities of the business
- Dealing with business owners/MD’s who are exceptionally passionate about their companies, must share this passion, whilst at the same time understand that it is essential to be confident and succinct and be able to get to the salient points quickly
- Ability to ask questions based around Who? What? When? Why? And Where?
- Not a sales role in any way, more of information gathering, understanding a business.. no technical knowledge required just someone who has worked in an a environment where they have researched information, gathered information from various sources for reports, can look at detailed information and identify salient points
Experience and Personality Traits required for the role of Research Analyst
- A level/Degree level education in Business/Economics/Accountancy ideal.
- The ability to build rapport quickly and easily is essential, at senior FD/MD level.
- Professionalism is essential.
- Strong commercial knowledge is ideal, must be business orientated in some respect and have an understanding of basic economics (i.e a basic understanding of dividends vs. salary, turnover vs gross profit, gross profit vs net profit etcetc).
- Must be confident on the telephone, be capable of dealing with individuals at senior level
- Genuine interest in people and business. The successful candidate will need to reflect client’s passion and enthusiasm and have strong skills to engage with very senior stakeholders including business owners/leaders
- Ability to plan and organise tasks effectively, taking a structured and methodical approach to achieving outcomes
- Manages multiple tasks effectively by thinking things through in advance, prioritising and managing time well
- Focuses on the outcomes to be achieved, working quickly and accurately and seeking guidance when appropriate
Excellent salary, plus bonuses of up to £6k, excellent opportunities for progression within a growing business and fantastic work environment