Quality Manager Health and Safety Advisor job in Trafford Park
Job Ref: 6151
Job Type: PERM
Location: Trafford Park
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Date Posted: 1st September, 2017
Our client is looking for an experienced Quality Manager/ Health and Safety Advisor to support their small but hugely successful manufacturing team to implement Best Practice, Procedures and Policies
• Several years previous experience in a Production / Manufacturing environment.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in Quality / H&SE.
• Knowledge of Quality / H&S / Environmental Management Systems in an FMCG environment.
• Internal and external auditing experience.
• Valid passport and current driving license.
• Strong and assertive personality.
• Excellent organisational and communication skills.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• With the support of senior management, be the primary driver of the relevant processes within the business. This needs to have a lasting effect on the company’s processes and procedures.
• Management of an effective SQA plan with the purchasing department and production support.
• Issue monthly / quarterly KPI’s and reports both internally and externally.
• Work closely with manufacturing, packaging and sales support to collate data on quality concerns, with the tools available (such as 8D reporting), identifying areas of concern. Instigate corrective actions as and where necessary.
• Give final approval for product release once satisfied that all corrective actions have been completed from the quality audit review.
• Monitor & report quality gate status of New Product Development (generation Cockpit charts).
• Ensure the integrity of the company’s integrated manufacturing system is maintained, through accurate quality data.
• Support development and innovation of products and processes.
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
• Responsibility as product liability co-ordinator for the business.
• Responsible as advisor for health, safety and environmental.
• Knowledge of all current Industrial Standards and ensuring new directives are reported and met.
• Implementation of ISO9001 accreditation in the near future.
• Operating at all time in accordance with company policies and procedures