Quality Control job in Salford
Job Ref: 6779
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 05-02-2020
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain, Textiles/ Fashion
Our client, a well known textile manufacturer, is looking for an individual who has worked in textiles or clothing in either a quality control or warehouse environment where they have been responsible for checking of products prior to shipment and is looking for more of an administrative type of role.
Essential for this position of Quality Control is the ability to communicate both with overseas suppliers via email and verbally with internal staff outlining any issues identified
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Quality Control:
- Completion of delivery instructions for overseas factories
- Approval of documentation from factories to ensure goods arrives into our warehouse correctly
- Completion of inspection requests and QC inspection sheets
- Assist in investigation for non compliance against delivery instructions.
- Inspection of goods received from factories ensuring they meet the required standard
- Reporting of quality issues with goods received and assist with rectification where necessary.
- Inspection of customer orders ensuring correct product is despatched
- Inspection of product for individual customer orders.
- General liaison between warehouse staff and head office relating to QC queries / problems
- Ordering and control of packaging from UK suppliers
- Cover role of QC manager in his absence, including managing priorities for the department, supervision of Assistant Quality Inspector, liaise with head office when required
- Assist with picking and packing of orders and general duties as and when required by the business.
Skills required for the position of Quality Control
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as under own initiative.