Quality Control Supervisor job in Bury
Job Ref: 6672
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 13-08-2019
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain, Textiles/ Fashion
Our established textile manufacturer is looking to recruit a Quality Control Supervisor to suuport the QC Manager in ensuring all fabrics and products meet required standards.
Based within the warehouse this role requires someone with some knowledge, at least 12 months, of quality processes , ideally from a similar environment
Role and responsibility of the position of Quality Control Supervisor
- Completion of delivery instructions for overseas factories.
- Approval of documentation from factories to ensure goods arrives into warehouse correctly.
- Completion of inspection requests and QC inspection sheets.
- Assist in investigation for non compliance against delivery instructions.
- Inspection of goods received from factories ensuring they meet the required standard.
- Reporting of quality issues with goods received and assist with rectification where necessary.
- Inspection of customer orders ensuring correct product is despatched
- Inspection of product for individual customer orders.
- General liaison between warehouse staff and head office relating to QC queries / problems.
- Ordering and control of packaging from UK suppliers.
- Cover role of QC manager in his absence, including managing priorities for the department, supervision of Assistant Quality Inspector, liaise with head office when required.
- Assist with picking and packing of orders and general duties as and when required by the business.
Experience required for the role of Quality Control Supervisor:
- Experience in a similar environment prefered
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Good communication skills.
- Abilty to work as part of a team as well as under own initiative