QHSE Manager job in Manchester
Job Ref: 6930
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 18-12-2020
Category: QHSE Manager
Our client is looking for a QHSE Manager to oversee 4 sites in the North West. Alongside the experience and qualifications outlined below, the person fit is essential. This role requires an individual with huge amounts of energy and drive to make a real impact on the business. This is crucial to the role.
This is an exceptionally varied and challenging position, requiring a true multi tasker who has experience of maintaining ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001/45001 standards
Working in a technologically advanced environment, with a business that designs and invests in innovative products and solutions that reduce energy costs, enable management through data, and improve safety and in so doing create a thriving and sustainable future
The right candidate will be a detail-orientated Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Manager who can work autonomously to ensure that their 4 sites operate in a safe manner.
You will be proactive and able to carry out multiple internal audits to ensure that the business is compliant with ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 / 45001 regulations on an ongoing basis.
To be able to do this, the successful Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have previously met and continuously adhered to the same regulations and will have proven experience working in a similar role in the manufacturing or construction industry.
The successful person will also be responsible for developing initiatives on how to improve policies, procedures, safe systems of work, as well as offering support and advice on Risk Assessments, Method Statements and COSHH.
You will need to be an outgoing, “people-person” so that you can build relationships with everyone in the business.
You will also ensure that all sites operate in a standardised way to meet the expectations set out by the Board and Senior Management team.
Within the first 6 months, the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Manager will learn about their different businesses, be visible within the business and establish successful internal working relationships at all levels in the business.
You will also have ensured that they are ISO compliant, ensure incident rates will have dropped and all of sites will have high quality Health, Safety and Environment communications.
Essential Skills of a successful Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Manager:
- To have a successful track record of working with the HSE, auditors and professional bodies
- Ability to build relationships and influence people at all levels
- Preferred experience with UKAS auditing requirements
- To have experience of risk management and crisis management
- Influential and collaborative where needed to ensure that common goals are achieved, drive and determined to deliver in challenging situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, have a personable nature with effective and clear communication skills.
- Commitment to working as part of a team.
Essential Qualifications for the role of QHSE Manager
- Recognised safety and environmental qualification (diploma level or equivalent
- An auditors qualification for and have experience in ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 or 45001
- NEBOSH diploma in Occupational Health and Safety qualification (Level 3 preferred)
- NVQ level4/5 Occupational Safety and Health Practice
- IMEA (Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment) preferred.
- Further training and certification to be obtained as required as art of the ongoing role requirements
- Thorough understanding of CDM requirements
Benefits for the role of QHSE Manager:
- Our client is a family-owned and run business, their employees genuinely love working for them due to the support received from line managers and colleagues
- Offer a work-life balance through flexible working, and the option to purchase an additional 3 holidays per year
- Company is committed to being a sustainable company and helping other Companies become more sustainable by reducing their carbon footprint and acting more environmentally friendly.
- Health cash plan (money back on health costs, including dentist, opticians, massages and much more), life assurance, a competitive salary, a City Centre office and the chance to work for a Company who want to create a more sustainable future
- Excellent salary plus car allowance