Purchasing Materials Manager job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6153
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £21,000 - £30,000
Date Posted: 4th September, 2017
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain, Management
Our client a successful manufacturing business is seeking to recruit a talented and pro-active Purchasing/Materials Manager to be responsible for, develop and lead procurement and stores for a friendly and growing team.
Purchasing and materials management experience is required.
MRP experience is ideal and any experience in the manufacturing sector is preferred.
This role will suit a passionate, responsible and self-motivated individual who is also a team player.
The main purpose of the role is to strategically manage purchasing and supply chain, develop relationships with existing and new suppliers, support tenders and bids, oversee stock management and inventory control together with having a strong commercial outlook to ensure cost savings and budgets are met. Also essential is an understanding of LEAN manufacturing, Continuous Improvement and ERP systems
Role and Responsibilities:
- Purchasing and planning plans with wider business and supply chain strategies. Ensuring all elements of procurement are covered in order to maintain stock levels and supply to customers.
- The Purchasing Manager will work closely with suppliers to develop new relationships whilst developing and growing relationships with current suppliers with the aim to reduce cost/lead times and improve quality and service levels.
- Role also includes preparing tender price and submission documents for bids. Prepare budget costs within tight deadlines
- Strategic procurement – supplier selection, negotiation and contract management
- Manage and delegate work load
- Ensure stock and inventory is available to meet customer demand
- Report and track cost savings
- Effective daily management of stock and inventory
- Ensure effective release of kits to production lines
- Contribute to the wider business with ideas on ERP system, continuous improvement and LEAN
- Obtain quotes/prices for new and existing materials and services
- Provide support to the Production Team.
Ideal Candidates will have the following experience:
• Purchasing, Buying or Supply Chain experience
• Experience in manufacturing or engineering sectors preferably
• Strong understanding of inventory management – stock checks etc.
• MRP experience
• Excellent communication, teamwork and pro-active and interpersonal skills
• Competent on IT systems