Purchasing Manager job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6347
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 26th April, 2018
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain
Our client, an engineering business, is looking to recruit an experienced Purchasing Manager to be responsible for, develop and lead procurement and stock management
You will be responsible for working closely with the Directors in the purchasing and planning plans with wider business and supply chain strategies. Ensure adequate stock levels and supply to customers. Working closely with suppliers to develop new relationships whilst developing and growing relationships with current suppliers with the aim to reduce cost/lead times and improve quality and service levels.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Tendering support for business.
- Supplier selection, negotiation and contract management
- Manage and delegate work load
- Ensure stock and inventory is available to meet customer demand
- Report and track cost savings
- Effective daily management of stock and inventory
- Contribute to the wider business with ideas on ERP system, continuous improvement and LEAN
- Obtain quotes/prices for new and existing materials and services
- Provide support to the Production Team.
Purchasing and materials management experience is required together with MRP experience and experience in the manufacturing sector would be ideal
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• Purchasing, Buying or Supply Chain experience
• Experience in manufacturing or engineering sectors is preferable
• Strong understanding of inventory management – stock checks etc.
• MRP experience
• Excellent communication, teamwork and pro-active and interpersonal skills
• Competent on IT systems