Production Planner 12 month Contract job in Wythenshawe
Job Ref: 7113
Job Type: CONTRACT
Date Posted: 04-08-2021
Category: Administration Office Support, Logistics/ Supply Chain
Our client is looking to recruit a Production Planner on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, with an immediate start ideally.
This role is to join their planning team in a world class manufacturing facility and is an exciting opportunity to join the business at a point where they are making investment and have further expansion plans
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years planning experience in FMCG sector (preferably in a food based environment) and be proficient in Excel.
The main purpose of the role for Production Planner is:
To create a rolling 12 week plan that delivers service at 99%, cost efficiently, at optimal OAE.
Role and Responsibility for the position of Production Planner:
The job will be a mixture of daily planning of the next 7day plan and short term planning to a horizon of 12weeks.
- Ensure we have efficient 7 day plans supported by materials that deliver against the service priorities
- Closely partner with operations, material planning, supply planning and customer services ensuring that plans are viable, executed, plan changes are communicated in a timely manner, and that performance against those plans is communicated rapidly to their CS, Supply planning and Logistics team
- Escalate risks quickly, with proposed solutions
Short term planning:
- Create 12 week plans that deliver 99% service, identifying and flagging service risks, capacity gaps/opportunities
- Generate 3 weeks of rolling works orders to support MRP
- Provide 12 weeks MRP data off the back of the plans to material planning
- Manage and maintain planning tool with new SKU’s and master data
- Generate daily/weekly performance reports
- Provide data on plan attainment and SKU production rates for use in quarterly rate review
- Host weekly planning meetings
- Work closely with various departments to ensure any time requirements on the plan are planned in a timely fashion
- Provide support to NPD and projects as required.
Experience required for the position of Production Planner
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a keen eye for detail, have an analytical approach to their work, a passion for problem solving and continuous improvement, and be a clear communicator.
- Must have 3 or more years experience as a production planner, preferably in FMCG food production.
- Excel proficiency is mandatory.
- Degree level qualification is desired.