Product Technologist Textiles Industry job in Radcliffe
Job Ref: 6239
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 4th December, 2017
Category: Textiles/ Fashion
Our client is looking for an experienced Product Technologist to be fully involved in the total cradle to grave life span of a range of textile products, ensuring compliance with identified standards. You will be accountable for demonstrating due diligence in the evaluation and approval of agreed product categories, ensuring standards of quality, appearance, durability, safety, functionality, fit for purpose and legal requirements are met at all times.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities:
- Working closely with Sales, Merchandising and Buying Departments to ensure complete product information is available to produce accurate product specifications.
- Produce full technical documentation for issue to the factories, thus ensuring each product is manufactured to highest possible standards and complies with designated specifications. This will cover fabric construction/composition, fabric printing/dyeing/colour, stitching/assembly, folding/packing and care labelling based on fabric performance during use and cleaning.
- Request and assess pre-production and pre-shipment seal samples for make-up, stitching and dimensions.
- Assess sealed samples and provide technical support directly back to the factories via e-mail and conference call when required, ensuring critical path milestones are constantly being updated, monitored and target dates met.
- Request, check and grade test reports to ensure fabrics and products perform in accordance with customer requirements.
Strong initiative and proactive approach to all tasks
Excellent communication skills
Articulate and creative
Strong attention to detail
- The ability to organise and prioritise effectively in order to meet tight deadlines.
Able to interpret data and make decisions based on it
- Technical experience within the home furnishings or textile industry, covering a variety of different textile product types, or;
- Have a relevant textile qualification
IT and personal skills:
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good interpersonal skills