Product Development Executive Contract job in Urmston
Job Ref: 6257
Job Type: CONTRACT
Date Posted: 5th January, 2018
Category: Temporary Roles, Textiles/ Fashion
Reporting to the Head of Product Management, your role would be to ensure that all products are launched with the correct artwork, packaging and customer specifications within the time frames identified on the critical path.
This position is a 13 month maternity contract for a leading textile company with an exceptional customer base
Duties and responsibilities
- To complete internal technical documents with product codes, barcodes, packaging spec and label positioning.
- To check and prepare for sign off all preproduction artworks for compliance and spelling errors, to correct if necessary or to coordinate the correction and then to present to the account manager and / or customer for final sign off.
- To prepare and maintain sash and label artwork templates, to ensure all new sashes and labels conform to Legal & technical labelling requirements.
- To request and co-ordinate any amendments for artworks with their external Graphic Designer.
- To communicate with Own label customers on artwork approval.
- To set up all packaging artworks with suppliers ready for POs to be raised.
- Prepare and check data for Inventory policy and BOM detail and upload to Sage
- To raise and distribute Product Change Documents when required and update the Specification.
- To liaise with TE packaging technologist to ensure retail packaging design is developed to be pallet friendly and outer packing info is accurate.
- To liaise where necessary with the technical manager or customer to ensure full compliance with any requirements including legal on packaging / labelling and organise sign off of all artwork by key stakeholders.
- To ensure the critical path dates are being met for all new product launches.
- Attend Critical Path Meetings.
- To archive discontinued PRFs, technical folders and component artworks
- To prepare specifications and packaging for any rework of products required.
- Attention to detail
- High level proof reading skills
- Effective Team working
- Excellent Communication skills both written & verbally
- Good time management
- Good organisational skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Knowledge of Sage ideal