Product Manager job in Manchester
Job Ref: 6633
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £Competitive Salary
Date Posted: 31-05-2019
Category: Textiles/ Fashion
Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of PPE and Workwear clothing and related products,due to expansion/ growth of the business, they are looking to recruit a Product Developer with 3-5 years experience from a similar industry.
The ideal candidate for the role of Product Developer will have a good understanding of garments, fabrics such as High Vis/Waterproof/Fire Retardant, fit, ergonomics, sourcing etc together with a strong commercial awareness
This is an excellent opportunity for a Product Developer looking to join a company where there is a structured career path and development
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Product Developer:
- Research and develop commercial products to grow sales.
- Calculate costs of new products. Be aware of target market selling prices
- Manage the creation of proto-type samples.
- Present ideas and products to senior management and sales representatives.
- Make recommendations for the final selection of products for production
- Create detailed technical measurement and construction specifications
- Arrange photography sessions of chosen product.
- Write marketing text for the sales brochure
- Train and supervise junior staff on a variety of duties associated with product development.
- Partner with team members in China to create accurate samples and bulk production.
- Inspect and fit pre-production and production samples to make sure all products are made correctly within production deadlines
- Communicate with overseas suppliers to identify and solve problems before they impact on production.
- Monitor and track production until it is delivered to the warehouse
- Quality check random production samples at the warehouse
- Analyse sales data and make recommendations for future purchasing of product.
- Communicate with sales representatives and customers on technical questions related to products.
- Work with test houses to ensure product is certified to relevant norms correctly
- Ensure all products in range are REACH compliant and arrange testing on these where necessary.
- Become familiar with the stock system and use to monitor product supply.
- Work with sales team on customer special orders and give these priority at all times.
Excellent salary with very good benefits package