Pattern Cutter and Sample Maker job in Bolton
Job Ref: 6337
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Date Posted: 18th April, 2018
Category: Textiles/ Fashion
Our client is a small independent designer and manufacturer of couture evening and bridal wear , looking to recruit a Graduate with experience of Pattern Cutting and Sample Making together with excellent sewing skills to become a part of this small close knit team who have ambitions to grow and develop the company
They are looking for someone with a real passion for quality, a real love of beautiful design and with a strong eye for detail to ensure precision in every stitch.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experienced in pattern making with the ability to grade and scale designs. Practical experience in a work environment alongside study would be ideal but not essential
- Ability to prepare prototypes for designs, to ensure wastage kept to a minimum
- Be familiar with computerised illustration programs
- Is comfortable creating paper or digital patterns.
- Experienced machinist with the ability to work on all different machines to create a top quality garment from start to finish.
- The ability to work with delicate fabrics.
- The ability to produce samples working within a deadline.
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality are essential.
- Other duties may be required.
- Bridal and/or Evening wear experience would be ideal