Part Time Purchasing and Production Administrator job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6223
Job Type: PART, TEMP
Salary: £18,000 per annum pro rata
Date Posted: 9th November, 2017
This is a part time temporary contract to cover maternity leave for approx. 9 months.
Working 20 hours a week, flexible on days and hours to be worked to start in January 2018
Our client is looking to recruit a Purchasing and Production Administrator to be responsible for purchasing of parts, preparing quotes and processing of all small orders and clerical duties within the Production Office.
- Processing purchase orders and all related documentation related to spare parts and small order, monitoring delivery times, chasing suppliers as necessary and updating stock records using Sage 50 Accounts.
- Resolving all supplier issues/problems such as damaged goods, late delivery etc.
- Prepare and issue all quotes relating to spare parts and small orders
- Process all sales orders relating to spare parts and small orders
- Communicate with agents and customers as necessary
Day to day responsibilities:
- Consult catalogues or contact vendors to obtain price and availability information.
- Make vendor selections or suggestions.
- Arrange delivery schedules.
- Process all purchase orders and related documents using Sage
- Ensure that materials, equipment, and supplies are ordered and delivered in a timely manner.
- Verify order delivery (and process the return of any incorrect deliveries)
- Follow up suppliers to ensure adherence to delivery schedule.
- Verify prices with suppliers and amend purchase orders if necessary
- Process of sales and purchasing orders on Sage Manufacturing
- Create spare parts proposals and send to customer by email or fax
- On approval from customer request purchase order and process small order through to production and order any non-stock items from suppliers
- On despatch organise courier documents and invoice customer
- Advise customer of despatch
- Process any supplier invoices for payment and pass to Finance
- Filing as necessary.
- Perform other clerical duties as advised.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- GCSE/A-levels studied at school or college or equivalent
- Office – Excel, Word and Outlook software.
- Sage Line 50 Accounts preferred
- Two to four years in a similar role in a manufacturing environment of which at least two years should be in purchasing using Office and Sage software