Part or Full Time Accounts Assistant job in Manchester
Job Ref: 6420
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £22,000 per annum, pro-rata
Date Posted: 09-07-2018
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Part Time
Our client is looking to recruit a Part or Full Time Accounts Assistant to support the Finance and HR Manager in general accounts function
Role and Responsibilities of Part Time Accounts Assistant:
- Reconcile daily cash ups.
- Update cashbook, reconcile to computerised accounting & till systems.
- Establish and maintain customer accounts
- Ensure invoices are raised / posted accurately
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts
- Processes supplier invoices
- Reconciliation of the credit card and bank account.
- Processing of cheques received
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerised accounting system
- Maintain the computerised accounting system
- Maintain financial files and records
- Reconcile the accounts payable
- Reconcile the accounts receivable
- Where any discrepancies or issues arise with sales and purchase invoices, raise this with the Finance & HR Manager in order that a timely resolution can be identified.
- Compile source documents
- Issue receipts
- Reconcile weekly deposits
- Respond to inquiries
- Regularly review debtors and liaise with the Finance & HR Manager to ensure credit control procedures are implemented.
- Check expenses and receipts to ensure they’re accurately recorded and the supporting documentation is adequate i.e. VAT invoice where applicable.
- Monitor mileage claimed and analyse staff expenses ensuring accurately allocated, pass to Finance & HR Manager prior to processing
- General Correspondence
- Maintain office supplies, re-order when required.
- Daily post
- Liaise with centre management