Operations Team Leader job in Manchester
Job Ref: 6419
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 12-07-2018
Category: Administration Office Support, Administrative, Management
Our client is looking to recruit an Operations Team Leader who has experience of running back office support staff such as Post Rooms, Filing Teams and General Administrators.
The Operations Team Leader will be managing around 20 staff members ensuring all back office operations run smoothly and to deadline and that any urgent or escalated issues are dealt with immediately
Ideally the Operations Team Leader will have strong man management skills, be process driven and have new innovative ideas on how to improves processes, be proactive and be an excellent communicator
Main responsibilities for the role of Operations Team Leader:
- To ensure the effective allocation of work within the team, motivating and developing team members, encouraging flexibility and adaptability to business needs.
- To develop and monitor processes and procedures within the team ensuring these are adhered to.
- Identify and implement operational efficiencies with support from the Assistant Operations Manager.
- To take responsibility for the line management of team members, monitoring attendance, conducting return to work meetings, 1-2-1’s, and quarterly check ins.
- Be willing to meet the challenges of difficult or complex changes, encouraging and supporting others to do the same.
- To ensure up to date knowledge, understanding and implementation of all employee relation policies and procedures, liaising with the Operations Manager and HR Advisors with regards to clarification, advice and guidance as appropriate.
- To escalate any resource, performance or training concerns to the Assistant Operations Manager.
- To support the Assistant Operations Manager in ensuring individual team members productivity, accuracy and output is measured consistently, preparing required statistics and reporting on a regular basis.
- To work alongside other Operational Leads, providing cover, sharing resource and encouraging collaboration within own team and across teams.
- To use all office equipment efficiently & competently.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and client’s documentation and information in compliance with all requirements.
- Ensure personal awareness of the relevant firm standards and working practices as set out in the Office Manual.
- To undertake all administration duties as requested and be prepared to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- Promote best practice at all times, acting as a positive role model for the firm’s ethos and values.