Operational Risk Officer job in Northwich
Job Ref: 7192
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000
Date Posted: 01-11-2021
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Administration Office Support
Our client is an award winning finance organisation who are seeking an Operational Risk Officer to join their friendly and successful team
They are looking for:
An Operational Risk Officer to work within the Operational Risk and Internal Control team in
Northwich and this role will report to the Head of Operational Risk and Internal Control.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
The role requires in depth knowledge of the specialist area. Your duties will include:
• Proactive management of the Bank’s Risk Management Framework
• Conduct investigations following a risk or disruption event and manage remedial actions through to completion
• Perform reconciliations to ensure good customer outcomes and identify any issues for investigation
• Assist with producing management reports and returns which may involve detailed research and analysis from within and outside the unit;
• Deal with specific tasks within set terms of reference and defined processes;
• To work with each department and the various business units to provide support, advice and guidance on appropriate risk management framework, policies and procedures, which will facilitate the business in identifying, assessing and managing risk within the business, meeting the standards set and regulatory requirements;
• Support the Operational Risk & Internal Control team as and when required on specific activities and projects;
• Assist in managing all Operational Risk and Internal Control principles, ensuring policies and procedures are clearly defined and regulatory developments are proactively communicated;
• Through regular and thematic monitoring and appropriate business involvement ensure all procedures and controls are carried out to the required level of competence as set out in the Bank’s policies and procedures.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with the internal stakeholders;
• Continuously improve the quality, timeliness, organisation and accuracy of all workflows including; Incident reporting, Committee documentation and all internal reporting.