Ocean Export Clerk job in Wythenshawe
Job Ref: 7168
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000
Date Posted: 24-09-2021
Category: Administration Office Support, Customer Services, Logistics/ Supply Chain
Our client is looking to recruit an Ocean Export Clerk to oversea and respond to daily operational needs of customers, colleagues and suppliers and so facilitate the daily operation of the branch and to provide the best possible service.
Key duties and responsibilities for the position of Ocean Export Clerk:
- To handle daily Ocean operations for Manchester client base.
- Prepare and submit Customs entries.
- Respond via email to overseas agents to confirm notification of any pre-alert.
- To liaise with clients in relation to documentation, delivery and charges, if required.
- To respond to any clients in a timely manner.
- Quotations for clients and overseas agents
- Load jobs onto CW1.
- Monitor ETA / ETD and advise of any changes.
- Arrange releases, BOL lodgement and payment of charges in a timely manner.
- Complete Customer Status Reports on Excel.
- Ensure customer has all required docs, iePODs, copy C88etc.
- Invoice jobs in a timely manner.
- Request full shipping instructions & authority from overseas regarding shipping lines & co-loaders to proceed with shipment.
- Communicate back to the shipper regarding consignee / agent approval to proceed with relevant dates.
- Making bookings with co-loader or shipping via email or portals.
- Arrange collection with co-loader LCL or shipping line for FCL.
- Await confirmation or alternative arrangement requests from Shipping Line or co-loader for the collection of the shipment.
- Forward booking info to shipper & overseas agent incorporating collection date, time, vessel, shipping date and ETA (separate emails).
- LCL: Request documentation from shipper including invoice, pack list and COI.
- FCL: Ensure shipper send us the documents once shipment is loaded.
- FCL: Email reminder to be sent to the shipper the day before or same day of collection to remind them to send us the container and seal number & paperwork (if not yet received).
- Prepare export documentation which consists of customs clearance, shipping instructions, if applicable COO, DG note, ISF’S, AMS.
- Custom clearance, BOL instructions, ISF’s or AMS are to be completed and sent with UCR number to Shipping line or co-loader.
- Load the VGM through Destin8 or CNS.
- Send documents to Shipping line or co-loader.
- Manage the approval process for handling the Draft Master BOL received from the shipping line and then send it to overseas without Draft HBL for approval. Once approved by overseas send to the line to issue once the freight has sailed.
- Review the final BOL and freight costs from the line or co-loader.
- Prepare and send the ore-alerts to the agent at the destination which must consist of HBOL, MBOL and other export documentation.
- Issue Bill with container number, seal number, sailing date and issue date of house bill to shipper.
- Pre-alert overseas agent regarding the shipment.
- Send the final bill of lading to shipper.
- Approve invoicing from suppliers.
- Accrue charges in Cargowise and bill out to relevant parties.
- Ensuring all internal SOP’s are followed correctly,
- Maintain auditable files.
- Compliance to other reasonable requests from Management.
- Update tasks within workflow.
- Helping and supporting other departments and colleagues.
- Proactive internal / external communications.
- Compliance with H & S on site.
Person Specification for the position of Ocean Export Clerk:
- Experience in similar role is essential
- Good telephone manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to converse with clients, suppliers, agents and colleagues in a professional and clear manner
- Computer literate, Microsoft office applications.
- Committed and able to deal with challenging scenarios.
- Flexibility in the workplace.
- Supportive of an evolving workplace.
- Proactive in actions and communications.
- Able to organise their workload and workspace.
- Diligent and accurate.
- Knowledge of HMRC Entry Software.
- Knowledge of HMRC Tariff and Procedures.
- Knowledge of Port Inventory Control Systems.
- Empathetic to internal / external colleagues.
- 31 days holiday rising with service
- Pension scheme
- Health plan