Mortgage Underwriter job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6960
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £25,000 - £30,00
Date Posted: 17-02-2021
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Customer Services
Our client is looking to recruit a Mortgage Underwriter, ideally with 2 years industry experience, strong analytical and excellent communication skills so that you will be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the general mortgage market, build relationships with brokers, lenders and customers and resolve issues when they arise
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Mortgage Underwriter
- Highly developed understanding of general mortgage criteria
- Ability to problem solve.
- Good working knowledge of our lender panel
- Flexible approach to business requirements
- Responsible for ensuring their criteria and rates are up to date
- Good attention to detail. Right first-time approach
- Relationship building with brokers/customers to develop incremental business
- Relationship building with lenders to smooth the process to offer
- The ability to use written or verbal communication appropriately in order to progress mortgage applications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Qualifications required for the role for the position of Mortgage Underwriter
- Ideally at least two years’ recent industry experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and prefer to work in a structured, planned manner.