Mortgage Adviser job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6958
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Date Posted: 16-02-2021
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Customer Services
Our client is looking for an experienced Mortgage Adviser to work closely with the Compliance Officer to offer exceptional mortgage advice to customers.
Essentially, the Mortgage Advisor must hold FPC as well as CeMap or MAQ or relevant bridge papers and at least 2 years recent mortgage advice experience
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Mortgage Adviser:
- To give mortgage advice to clients of this practice with regards to all matters within the scope of mortgage regulation
- To ensure clients receive suitable advice in accordance with their needs and priorities.
- To ensure you act with honesty and integrity in your dealings with client, colleagues and other associated business at all times.
- To produce written evidence of your activities as required by the practice and the regulator.
- To keep your own professional and personal skills and knowledge up-to-date.
- To report any anomalies to Compliance Officer.
- To comply with internal Compliance and other procedures as laid down in their written procedures.
Broad Statement of Duties of the position of Mortgage Adviser:
- You are to conduct client interviews, analyse client needs, research the market and make suitable recommendations in writing.
- You will adhere to all GDPR company procedures.
- You will work towards KPI (key performance indicators) set by management.
- You will provide a written audit trail as per our internal procedures.
- You will work towards retaining and building upon you existing skills base in order to maintain your competence as an adviser paying special attention to gaps in your abilities and filling them.
- Administration is now a major part of your role, and must ensure that this is maintained
- You will liaise with the other advisers and admin staff in the practice in an open and co-operative manner at all times.
- If you having difficulties you will bring this to the attention of your T&C Supervisor or the Compliance Officer so they can assist you rather than ignoring the issues causing concern.
Qualifications required for the role of Mortgage Adviser:
- Must hold a Financial Planning Certificate, plus either the CEMAP or MAQ exam or relevant bridge papers.
- Have at least two years’ recent industry mortgage adviser experience.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and prefer to work in a structured, planned manner.