Managing Director job in Oldham
Job Ref: 6423
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 11-07-2018
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Managing /Technical or Sales Director of an Engineering SME and who thinks of themselves as the owner of the business; to run a privately owned niche engineering/design and manufacturing business that supplies the Nuclear, Defence and Space Industry.
This would best suit an Owner/Managing Director from an SME business who is involved in all aspects of running a business as opposed to a corporate business with a very structured hierarchy in place . The candidate must have experience of manufacturing/engineering for and selling to these highly legislated and compliant industries
Exceptionally well established financially secure business with a strong order book, the key to this position is someone with a Mechanical Engineering background with a good understanding of product development and bespoke, innovative design to produce products to client specification. An owner manager who is excited by the call from a customer who wants to design a “widget” that is currently not on the market but is crucial to their project’s success
The USP of the business is their design flexibility and engineering skills
Alongside this experience , the Managing Director will have exceptional sales skills,commercial awareness and be a hands on business manager, together with the ability to travel when the job demands
Job Description for the role of Managing Director:
- Have had Fully Budgetary and P&L responsibility for a totally autonomous Business
- Had Technical Sales experience in a highly regulated Industry
- Managed a manufacturing facility in a regulated industry
- Can demonstrate both product development and innovation
- Be financially astute.
- Managed a board of directors across all discipline (Finance Manufacturing Sales technical and QA)
- The day to day management of SME
- The setting of targets and budgets
- Have an understanding of the defence industry.
- Take a leadership role across all disciplines.
- Have experience of managing of a business with only one share holder
Qualifications required for the Role:
- A degree educated in a technical discipline (preferably Mechanical Eng. from a recognised university.)
- A management qualification (MBA or Corporate director IOD certified) ideally
- Supplementary Training
- Team Leadership
- Finance for non-finance directors