Legal Secretary job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6787
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 07-02-2020
Category: Administration Office Support, Legal
Our clients are a well respected long established law firm who are looking to recruit a legal secretary
Based in their Housing Team and dealing with both tenants and landlords; audio typing skills are essential as are excellent communication skills to deal with clients, counsel, courts and Legal Aid Agency. The ideal candidate will also have strong organisational and administrative experience
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Legal Secretary:
- To draft, transcribe, word-process, type, collate and prepare documents as required including letters, forms, standard documents, briefs, bills etc.
- To deal with routine matters, correspondence and queries on own initiative.
- To enter back-up record of key dates in the firm’s central diary, monitor diary notes and inform of forthcoming events and deadlines as appropriate
- Dealing with new, current and former clients by telephone and in person, take messages and make appointments
- Conducting Conflict of Interest check against Client Database
- File Management including opening new files,ensuring all required documentation is completed and filed, liaison with Accounts Department on completion of matters to check account is clear and finally closing files on completion and archiving
- Monitoring central supplies of Legal Forms, liaison with other staff and ordering as required.
- To arrange conferences/meetings as requested
- To ensure that clients are, to the best of your ability, kept satisfied at all times and to resolve any concerns promptly and courteously, reporting them as formal complaints for investigation when relevant
Ideal experience for the position of Legal Secretary:
- You will have a minimum of 2 year’s legal secretarial experience , ideally in the Housing/Legal aid area
- You must be computer literate, have excellent time management skills and be able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Excellent salary, plus 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, subsidised parking and 9am-5pm hours