Key Accounts Coordinator job in Trafford Park
Job Ref: 6756
Job Type: PERM
Location: Trafford Park
Date Posted: 09-01-2020
Category: Customer Services, Logistics/ Supply Chain
Our client is looking for a Key Accounts Coordinator to join their team, this is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a proven track record in managing service level expectations within a Key Accounts environment.
Overview of the role of Key Accounts Coordinator
The role offers the opportunity to take full ownership of your customer portfolio, which are the top customers within the business, to build relationships internally and externally, and to assist in the growth and development of these customers alongside the Key Account Sales Managers.
Must have experience of Critical Path/Supply Chain Management, having dealt with overseas factories in placement of order, production planning timescales, organised shipments to UK, and fed back to customer at all stages, through to delivery to customer. THIS is crucial part of role TOGETHER with having experience where you have managed your own customer base, almost as if you are an extension of the customer
Must be proactive solution finder so if shipment delayed, find ways to fulfil your customers orders from other areas of the business, organise airfreight , look at forward order stock held and see if this can be used to fulfil order and keep the customer updated at every stage of the process.
This role works on 3 SEASON CYCLE, this means you are dealing with 3 seasons at all times, and so each at different stages for example A/W 2019 is still going on, but also planning deliveries for S/S 2020 which involves ordering product, future stock ordering, ensure all imagery is with customer, they have all the product information for advertising etc and also now starting A/W 2020 so juggling lots of different stages all at the same time
MUST UNDERSTAND THE PRODUCT JOURNEY, what a product lifecycle is, forward and back ordering not purely order processing
Main duties and Responsibilities for the role of Key Accounts Coordinator:
- Work closely with Field Sales team and customer to manage daily activity for dedicated key account orders, including order input, communicating stock shortages and advising of delivery dates
- Ensure that agreed quality assurance and customer satisfaction procedures are fully implemented and monitored
- Understand the key accounts’ strategy, issues, culture, challenges considering the impact on account management
- Processing orders with Warehouse to ensure delivery dates are met.
- Completion of customer product matrix & ordering of accessories, hangers, labels for processing
- Proactively manage the customers seasonal order book, both current and forward seasons
- Manage stock, work closely with the imports team on new season stock availability and seasonal promotions
- Monthly analysis & management of customer take up of forward orders
Required Skills and Knowledge for the position of Key Accounts Coordinator:
- Strong computer skills including basic business software (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel) Internet and customer portals
- Ability to quickly and easily create/ gather/ manipulate/ analyse data from a variety of sources
- Demonstrable ability to facilitate the identification and shaping of opportunities across Service Lines
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer service experience working on key accounts
- Understanding of logistics function gained from experience of working with them in a previous customer service role
- Strong work ethic & positive ‘cando’ attitude
- Self motivated
- Excellent time management
- Able to travel to customer premises on a regular basis (meetings fall within usual working hours)
- Able to forge excellent working relationships with customers, sales force and colleagues
In addition to a competitive salary, this role comes with an extensive benefits package which includes:
- A Discretionary profit share bonus
- A company pension after 1 years service
- 24 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
- A friendly and approachable company culture built on teamwork and respect.
- You can take a day paid to go and volunteer for a good cause.
- Early finish on your birthday!
- State of the art offices
- Gym, subsidised canteen & coffee shop on site etc
Please be aware this is a fulltime vacancy and although a highly responsible role this is not a managerial or supervisory position