Junior Graphic Designer / Artworker job in Bury
Job Ref: 6892
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 22-10-2020
Category: Artworker, Designer
Our client is a proudly British, family-owned beauty+care company with over 25 years expertise in the creation and development of beauty and personal care products; they have their own portfolio of global brands as well as act as a trusted private label partner for leading British and international retailers. Their brands and products can be found in nearly 80 markets around the globe and continue to go from strength to strength.
In order to continue their success they are looking to recruit a Junior Graphic Designer and Art Worker who has an exceptional eye for brilliant design, and who is able to communicate the heart and soul of a brand through your work.
The ideal candidate will have some experience working in an agency or as part as an inhouse design team and most importantly have a real passion for Beauty Marketing
Based at their Head Office , the Junior Graphic Designer & Artworker will work closely with the Lead Designer, Head of Global Marketing and the Head of Special Projects to produce innovative brand collateral across their 3 key brands as well as be responsible for adapting the guidelines for their brands into engaging and commercially-viable branding and packaging solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fun, energetic and fast-paced culture, for a business that is passionate, ambitious and embarking on a journey that many businesses can only dream of!
Role and Responsibilities for the position of Junior Graphic Designer and Art Worker:
- New Product Development; working collaboratively with the Lead Designer, to visualise and create commercially viable and brand enhancing NPD and EPD, as required
- Artworking; converting product concepts into print ready artwork, proofing all EPD and NPD artwork and ensuring that all artwork released for print has no mistakes and meets the appropriate brand guidelines
- Working closely with the Head of Special Projects to ensure that the development of all private label packaging meets the requirements of the retailer and is always delivered on time
- Product Photography; taking the lead in producing all product images and visuals for use on both social media and customer marketing channels
- Marketing; assisting the Head of Global Marketing in the production of all internal and external print and online communications, including, all brand collateral, brand websites, point of sale, trade & consumer show displays, evites, brand presentations and planograms
- Operational; ensure that product filing systems are accurate and up to date, liaise with packaging suppliers, printing companies and external design agencies, as needed
The ideal candidate for the position of Junior Graphic Design and Artworker
- You possess a passion for design
- You are a beauty enthusiast and enjoy keeping up-to-date with the latest beauty trends and launches
- You have a naturally strong eye for great design and layout
- You are comfortable working with the brand guidelines and requirements of multiple different brands
- You must be adaptable and enjoy working in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- You possess the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- You must have excellent attention to detail even when working quickly
- You need to be a great communicator
- You must possess a mature approach and able to work under pressure with the ability to approach everything in a calm manner
Essential and Relevant Experience and Qualifications
- 12 months design experience is desirable but will consider a recent Graduate (or equivalent) with an exceptional portfolio and design skills
- Understanding of packaging design is key
- Flair for product photography is desired
- Educated to graduate level preferably with an arts degree, focusing on graphic communication, or equivalent work experience in a creative services team is essential.
- Skilled artworker, with a particular focus on packaging, brochures and POS assets
- Experienced and highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop)
- Experience in producing high quality product visuals using Photoshop or equivalent
- Proven understanding of complex artwork
- Knowledge of the print process
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint
- Experience in WordPress is ideal
- Experience of working with/being a part of in-house creative delivery team and/or collaborating with external partners on innovative projects would be ideal
- Excellent grasp of the English language. A second language is also ideal but not essential.
All applications must be accompanied by a portfolio or a link to their online portfolio
In return you will be given the opportunity to work ina company with a strong mission, and full of passion as well as the chance to create a brand from the ground-up and be part of something impactful, large-scale, and meaningful. You will have both independence and influence and the exposure to learn and solve a variety of challenges whilst working in a supportive environment of smart people