IT Support Technician job in Altrincham
Job Ref: 6584
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Date Posted: 25-02-2019
Category: Administration Office Support, Customer Services, IT/ Technology/ Digital
Our client is a web based software company specialising in a CAD system and looking to recruit an IT Support Technician to work alongside their private and public sector clients
Key to the role of IT Support Technician:
Quality product support and customer relationship management are fundamental to the company’s success and on-going growth. The successful applicant will be joining a small dedicated support team where there will be fantastic opportunities for progression and learning. The role will mainly consist of answering customer queries by phone and email where you will be expected present yourself professionally and communicate with clarity whilst maintaining a customer focussed position.
Key responsibilities for the role of IT Support Technician:
- Learn the product suite well enough to be able to provide support through multiple channels. This will include talking users through working processes and being able to ask the right questions to help solve technical issues.
- Investigate, verify and document customer issues and/or enhancement requests.
- Actively manage and chase up on-going support issues, escalating these when required.
- Provide informal training over the phone and through webinars.
- Develop existing and create new relationships within the client base and contacts at partner companies.
- Working with software engineers if the problems requires escalation
- Contribute ideas to future product development.
- Write and maintain product literature e.g. manuals, brochures etc.
- Assist with product and App testing.
- Updating in-house systems and CRM
Skills & Experience required for the role of IT Support Technician:
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organisation including technical and non-technical clients, attain relevant technical and business knowledge and articulate comprehensive solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are a must.
- IT literate – you will need some knowledge of computer and network processes.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and in a strong team environment where you are comfortable asking for help from others when needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to accurately prioritise tasks and use your time effectively.
- Logical thinker
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good accurate records keeping
- Experience in a similar role elsewhere.
- Good knowledge of computing and databases.
- Experience with MS SQL Server and/or CAD packages.
- Skills in graphic design
Opportunities and Progression:
The role in technical support is a good stepping stone if you wish to move towards various other specialised areas in the company, such as datacentre administration, hardware and programming, training, technical sales or systems administration.