IT Support Engineer job in Bury
Job Ref: 6415
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 04-07-2018
Category: IT/ Technology/ Digital
Our client is undergoing a number of software upgrades and is seeking to recruit an IT Support / Network Engineer to join their IT team to assist them in this
The Role for IT Support Engineer
As a Support Engineer, you will be responsible for PC builds and set ups, installing and configuration of software and resolving all user support issues, as well as administering the network. Excellent communication skills essential.
Key Responsibilities and Experience for the role of IT Support Engineer:
The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role and a proven track record in the following:
- Windows 2000, XP and Windows 7, Microsoft Server 2000 and 2003, Office 2003 and 2007.
- Active Directory including managing user and computer accounts
- Exchange 2003 & 2007
- Networking skills such as general fault finding using various utilities, mapping drives, shares etc.
- Printer maintenance, local and networked.
- PC and general hardware and software maintenance and support, including new builds and installs.
- Creating back ups and restoring data.
It would be advantageous to also have experience in this area:
- VMware ESX 4.0 & ESXi 5.1
- Microsoft SQL 2000, 5, 7 &12, Microsoft exchange 2007
- Juniper Firewalls, Sonicwall SSL VPN 200, CitrixMetaframe, FTP software.
- Cisco Routers 1800 series
- Script writing and database report writing skills
- HP servers
MCP or a similar networking qualification essential.