IT Support Engineer job in Stockport
Job Ref: 6285
Job Type: PERM
Date Posted: 5th February, 2018
Category: IT/ Technology/ Digital
Our client is looking to recruit an In-House IT Support Engineer over 2 sites. The purpose of this role is to maintain and administer the Company’s IT equipment, provide first line support for all IT related issues, both internal and external. The successful applicant will work alongside their Systems Analyst/IT Administrator to aid in improvements to the commercial performance of the business and play a key part in developing and maintaining our existing IT systems. This role will suit someone looking to progress their career who has already had experience of providing user hardware maintenance and network support.
- Provide desktop and technical support to all staff members.
- Set up new and replacement computers for staff.
- Assist in developing and improving the IT infrastructure.
- Contributing to departmental IT projects.
- Maintaining hardware peripherals (e.g.: scanners, printers, external drives).
- Participating in the day to day running of the IT department such as dealing with suppliers, ordering parts, keeping an IT Asset Database, Monitoring Network activity on a regular basis etc.
- Ensuring that anti-virus and software audits are carried out.
- Ensuring system security and the backup process is maintained.
- Providing support basic support updating our website.
- Experience gained within an IT department working onsite with users.
- Knowledge of upgrading and maintaining an Exchange Server.
- Experience with desktop operating systems from Windows through to Vista
- Excellent Knowledge of PC and printer hardware and components.
- Knowledge of centralising and rerouting network cables.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.