Internal Sales Executive job in Wythenshawe
Job Ref: 7150
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000
Date Posted: 09-09-2021
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain, Sales
Our client, a global freight forwarder, is looking to recruit an Internal Sales Executive to support the Branch Managers and External BDM’s in maximising sales growth and profitability.
As part of this role, you will also be managing your own portfolio.
It is not essential to have sales experience for this position, the company would prefer someone with exceptional freight forwarding operational experience and who is looking for their next challenge/career development
Key duties and responsibilities for the position of Internal Sales Executive:
- Preparing quotations and contracts for potential customers (incl. rate proposals and presentation material) and distribute to customers through Cargowise.
- Quote follow up is also essential.
- Lead generation – generating leads and appointments for External BDM’s, Branch Managers.
- Be responsible for your own portfolio of customers under £30K & over £10K.
- Conducting credit checks.
- Assist with uploading rates into rate calculator.
- Provide any necessary data or reports to the sales team and other internal stakeholders.
- Exerts attention to detail, as customers may have the same problems; reports the problems as necessary.
- Arranges appointments with clients and sales team by diary management if required.
- Acknowledges customers by responding to emails, texts, and phone calls.
- Updates all contact information for clients.
- Deal with any customer complaints and resolve the issues as necessary.
- Complete any required administrative work including filing reports or presenting sales team with data as required.
- The role will be primarily internal facing but there may be a requirement to visit customers and to own the growth of certain business accounts.
Skills and Experience for the position of Internal Sales Executive:
- Ideally 2-3 years minimum in the shipping, freight forwarding and logistics industry.
- Operational knowledge of Air and/or Ocean freight is essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Commercially astute.
- Self-starter who thrives under pressure.
- Good computer skills especially using Microsoft office suite.
Excellent Salary plus Commission