Internal Control Officer job in Northwich
Job Ref: 7191
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Date Posted: 01-11-2021
Category: Accounting/ Finance, Administration Office Support
Our client is an award winning finance organisation who are seeking an Internal Control Officer to join their successful team
They are looking for an Internal Control Officer to work within the Operational Risk and Internal Control Department and offer excellent career development opportunities
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
The prime purpose for the role will be to carry out independent audit/review of business operations, regulatory compliance and financial systems within the Bank. The role also involves:
• Perform an ongoing programme on control monitoring and testing across all areas of the organisation. Monitoring departments’ timely implementation of risk and compliance recommendations.
• Working with different business areas to ensure they are compliant.
• Investigating control failures whilst promoting the robust compliance & risk awareness culture of the Bank.
• Administration of the Internal Control thematic reviews.
• Manage internal audit observations while providing metric and reports to management.
• Undertake analysis and prepare management reporting on key control remediation activities.
• Provide support and oversight of all activities that deliver the risk framework.
• Perform independent reconciliations of the Bank’s accounts and investigate any issues arising from the reconciliations.
• Communication: Appropriate written/verbal communication to effectively carry out role.
• Team Working: Collaboration with own team and other employees.
• Results Focus: Drive to achieve objectives/results.
• Personal Effectiveness: Organising self/teams to meet agreed deadlines.
• Influencing/Persuading: Ability to obtain agreement and cooperation through consensus.
• Information Gathering: Collects detailed information from a wide range of sources, using relevant means.