Import Export Team Leader job in Manchester
Job Ref: 6938
Job Type: PERM
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000
Date Posted: 13-01-2021
Category: Logistics/ Supply Chain
This is a new position for a very successful business based in Manchester City Centre and has come about due to continued expansion.
The main responsibility of Import and Export Team Leader role is to manage the inbound and outbound movement of goods in a fast paced, customer focussed environment. This new role has been created to ensure that excellent customer service is provided while ensuring all appropriate import/export regulations are adhered to.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Import and Export Team Leader who will have a hands-on role within the small team to ensure the work of the team is organised and accomplish daily shipping tasks such as booking inbound and outbound shipments, communicating with carriers to ensure he business is securing the best service at the best price, and keeping a logistical record of the day to day operation
As Import Export Team Leader, you will also be responsible for inter-company stock transfers between their 3rd party warehouse in Europe and their UK warehouse in Manchester, and in the future from Europe to warehouse in the USA.
You will also be responsible for the strategic vision of the future of their shipping process making the department more proactive, working with Senior Managers in the business to provide insight into the impacts of future business planning decisions on shipping and you will provide solutions to any problems that may arise.
It is essential that you have a working knowledge and extensive understanding of the customs import and export procedure and a good understanding of the supply chain process to be able to work cross functionally with other departments in the business. Together with experience working with freight forwarders
As Team Leader, you must be able to demonstrate examples of efficiencies you have delivered or changes you have managed in the past and you will be a great problem solver and strategic thinker.
Key Responsibilities for the position of Import Export Team Leader;
- Hands-on leadership/supervision of a small import/export team ensuring the work of the team is organised, priorities set and objectives achieved
- Working closely with purchasing, sales and finance teams to ensure goods are transported on time and all transactions processed correctly
- Ensuring all Import/Export procedures and regulations are observed and documentation is correct & accurate
- Managing intercompany stock transfers between warehouses in multiple regions liaising with internal and 3PL warehousing teams.
- Managing supplier relationships with freight forwarders, customs brokers and transport providers
- Review, analyse and benchmark freight forwarders, customs brokers and transport providers to ensure optimum cost, quality and service performance
- Document process flows and procedures for the Import/Export Team
- Support projects and strategic business change initiatives
Experience and Qualifications for the position of Import Export Team Leader;
- Import/Export experience dealing with international freight forwarders, customs brokers, and transport providers.
- Negotiation and knowledge of basic contract terms
- Fully knowledgeable in the production of Customs Documentation, with a detailed understanding of Customs Systems & Procedures, Incoterms,